Studio looks great to try out, except it asks for an Invitation Code, something not mentioned by WPCentral or anyone else. So how the heck do you get a code so some of us can try this studio out?
    08-07-2013 10:25 AM
    Agreed...they tout this all over the news - and then when people try to get into it they can't?! Not even a link anywhere to request one. WTF, Microsoft?! An invitation code would be nice.
    08-07-2013 10:31 AM
    In my case there's no need. I already used it earlier and generated code that I used to install on my phone.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    08-07-2013 10:34 AM
    when you submit your app, you will recieve mail from MS.
    open it in your WP8 device and press the link ,
    example from the email I recieved: " Before you install your Windows Phone App Studio applications you must install this certificate on your phone (click here). "

it will download certificate to your device that will let you download, install and run your application without submitting it to the store.
    example from the email I received :" Congratulations! Your application My Shopping List has been successfully generated. Please, click the link below to check the result:"

good luck....I was really disappointed from this environment, very limited capabilities (for now I hope.....).
    "touchDevelop" environment is much better and let you also export your app.
    08-07-2013 01:57 PM
    Just send a request to this email: studio@microsoft.com!
    08-07-2013 10:21 PM
    Just worked for me. Didn't need a code, just signed in and tried it out.

Interesting concept. If you want to write some RSS feed app without a single line of code, you can.

Even as a starting point of other types of apps it may be useful as you can generate some code and download it to edit in VS.

You can unlock your phone to debug apps on the phone for no charge because it provides the developer license required.

I did find the website a little slow, but it is a beta.
    08-09-2013 10:28 AM
    Got my Invite code today, seems like a good way to get into app development.
    08-09-2013 10:29 AM
    Yeah, I dunno this whole "invitation code" thing. I just went to the site and signed up. *shrug*
    08-09-2013 10:41 AM