WP7 Keyboard > WP8 keyboard?

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or does the WP8 keyboard pale in comparison to WP7's keyboard? I could type 20 times faster on my HTC Trophy than I can on my Nokia Lumia 928, because predictive text was soooooooooooooo much better. Am I just imagining things, or is this really the case ?

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll give it more time I guess. I've been using WP8 since Christmas of 2012, and I've had the 8x and then the 928. That's why I thought it was worse than wp7, where the predictive text was good enough for me to type without looking at the keyboard at all.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If you're able to type on a virtual/soft keyboard without looking at the device...big props to you! Physical/hard keyboard where you can feel the keys - yes...but soft keyboard? Wow, that's skill. Granted, I know where the letters are but not in such a confined space without lots of misspellings. I'll bet if I didn't look at the keyboard, I could get maybe 60% accuracy.

Actually, I just tested it. On a L928, using both thumbs, I tried typing "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" with my eyes closed (and no, I didn't cheat). Here were my results: "Tue quick brown div jumped over the last did" So that's roughly 56% accuracy. I use the voice to text function a lot. I just wish you could say comma and question mark and have it give those punctuation's instead of the word, but oh well. Oh, and that's one thing I miss about Android - Swype keyboard.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If you're able to type on a virtual/soft keyboard without looking at the device...big props to you! Physical/hard keyboard where you can feel the keys - yes...but soft keyboard? Wow, that's skill. Granted, I know where the letters are but not in such a confined space without lots of misspellings. I'll bet if I didn't look at the keyboard, I could get maybe 60% accuracy.

Actually, I just tested it. On a L928, using both thumbs, I tried typing "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" with my eyes closed (and no, I didn't cheat). Here were my results: "Tue quick brown div jumped over the last did" So that's roughly 56% accuracy. I use the voice to text function a lot. I just wish you could say comma and question mark and have it give those punctuation's instead of the word, but oh well. Oh, and that's one thing I miss about Android - Swype keyboard.

I type without looking at my screen, and while my accuracy is terrible, 9/10 times Windows Phone will correct everything perfectly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss