Leaked GDR3 features...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
All that sounds nice and everything. But we are still waiting on the GDR2 update to come through. Why think about GDR3, until we get two. AT&T is slow as can be on updates, or is it an AT&T problem?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Eh. I'm sick of hearing about updates that are coming when we know they'll be ready long, long before we even get them to our phones. This whole process is a complete joke.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
This pertains to higher resolution screens (1080p). Higher resolutions makes the tiles appear smaller. Therefore, more room becomes available for a 3rd row.

You mean a 3rd column.

Looks to me like they're frantically trying to bring forward features that would have otherwise been in WP8.1 to keep the masses happy. I'm convinced that GDR3 would have only contained one minor feature, most likely the orientation lock and everything else would have been under-the-hood changes and improvements to support new hardware and device markets. This is painfully slow development. Where is the Windows (client) dev team when you need them?

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
When you pair your phone with your in-car device/machinery, the phone switches to a more simple, "bigger-button" UI so you can easily press the buttons, because you're driving.

Was that simple enough? :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh. I'm sick of hearing about updates that are coming when we know they'll be ready long, long before we even get them to our phones. This whole process is a complete joke.

That's your own fault for reading about these updates. :smile: Stay away from sites that deal in rumors and you'll be happy.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It also features a hologram mode, in which the phone hovers and spins rapidly while projecting an image around it, giving a 3D holographic "image". This is not a rumor - I've seen it myself.

:wink:

I see it too. . . .

<"Dave's not here" -- in my best Cheech & Chong>

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just hope that Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone.
huh.gif

What do you mean " Windows Phone stays like Windows Phone"?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Its not a color scheme as much as it is a complete design overhaul. They're not using shadows and gradients, just flat minimalist design. Having had access to the beta I've really enjoyed iOS7, and its tempting me to get a refreshed mini when they release.

AndrewNZ

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Driver mode makes no sense to me at all...
If you have bluetooth in your vehicle, and connect to use it, you more than likely want to use it to accept calls... So why would you want the option of having your calls automatically rejected?

The time I want my calls rejected is when I'm in the car and I DON'T have bluetooth.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
IOS7 isn't that bad of a update though.

I don't mind iOS 7, but i hope Windows Phone doesn't have a major design change as i like it (and possibly many others) how it is currently.

Some of these changes for GDR3 look pretty good, i wonder if there will be a GDR 4 afterwards. :)

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind iOS 7, but i hope Windows Phone doesn't have a major design change as i like it (and possibly many others) how it is currently.

Some of these changes for GDR3 look pretty good, i wonder if there will be a GDR 4 afterwards. :)
I seriously doubt that MSFT would do that. The only "major design changes" I see MSFT making in WP8.1 are background wallpapers and adding more tile/background colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss