USAA App

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I sent USAA an email asking about the app for windows phone 8 and here is the reply. I think this is good news and anyone interested in this app should
sent them an email.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

We appreciate the feedback you sent regarding the lack of an app for Windows Phone 8. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. USAA is currently evaluating what changes are needed in order for the USAA Mobile App for Windows Phone to be the best experience available. Thank you for your continued patience. Until we have resolved any issues with this app, please use mobile.usaa.com for the best experience.

It is our goal to provide quality products and superior service to all our members. We apologize for not meeting your needs this time and hope that you will continue to do business with us.

We continually look for ways to improve our products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do so.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Better answer than previous ones. I don't know why they can't just put out their previous app in the mean time. It worked on WP8 but I've since lost it since hard resetting my phone. Hope its not just lip service and they're really making a new app.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why they can't just put out their previous app in the mean time.
The app let a user take a picture of a check to deposit. I believe that the WP7 API that lets an app take such a picture works differently on a WP8 handset. On a WP7 device, the picture is handed to the app and that's all; on a WP8 device, the picture is handed to the app AND a copy of it is put in your Camera Roll AND the picture is synced to SkyDrive if syncing is turned on. USAA may see these extra copies as a security problem since financial data is left in multiple places in an unencrypted form.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The app let a user take a picture of a check to deposit. I believe that the WP7 API that lets an app take such a picture works differently on a WP8 handset. On a WP7 device, the picture is handed to the app and that's all; on a WP8 device, the picture is handed to the app AND a copy of it is put in your Camera Roll AND the picture is synced to SkyDrive if syncing is turned on. USAA may see these extra copies as a security problem since financial data is left in multiple places in an unencrypted form.

This is correct. Other banks have created apps that don't do this, though, so USAA should be able to as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium