Contacts duplicated?

meestergibb

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I joined the world of Windows Phone yesterday with a New Lumia 720.

I have a quick query that I would be grateful if someone could help me with!

When I go into a contact card in People, it shows that there are 2 linked profiles for all my contacts.

Can someone tell me why the phone has done this please?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an additional email account synced to your phone?

If so if you have contacts saved on both email accounts and the additional email account is set to sync contacts, the o/s will link those two contacts together.
The only way around it is to untick sync contacts in the additional email's account settings and filter your contacts.

There is no way to stop your ms account (the account you put into the phone when you booted up) to stop syncing contacts. Also this becomes your default MS account for everything - store, xbox and sky drive, as currently the sky drive app somewhat spazzes out if you try to sign in with to a different outlook.com email address into the sky drive app.

However you can import / export contacts via outlook.com and manage your contacts that way but doing so will break the conversation history / chain with your contacts (or the ones you move around), which hopefully they patch with one of the GDR updates.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I joined the world of Windows Phone yesterday with a New Lumia 720.

I have a quick query that I would be grateful if someone could help me with!

When I go into a contact card in People, it shows that there are 2 linked profiles for all my contacts.

Can someone tell me why the phone has done this please?

Maybe SIM contacts + Windows Live contacts.

Or maybe Windows Live Contacts + outlook data (it is normal).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers