Install any manufacturers app from one place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Install any manufacturers app from one place without fiddler!!

1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states and then restart your phone.

2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Note:
Since it is a proxy, there is the chance that some sensitive data may be transmitting across the wire to the proxy (I'm assuming it's a Fiddler proxy due to the default 8888 port number). I would turn off all e-mail from syncing while running this..

Thanks to reker @xda developer forums

Everything at once
Proxy: 117.135.139.179
Port: 8888
Country/Region: USA

You can turn off proxy to speed up once download is started.

Everything in market is install-able, if you see 'not compatible', try 3 seconds later with lucky until success.
Enjoy
Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2400715

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
^ for those interested, if you are still on GDR1 the Nokia apps like Nokia Pro Cam, Smart Cam and Video Trimmer will not work. But Samsung and HTC apps should work fine.

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
^ for those interested, if you are still on GDR1 the Nokia apps like Nokia Pro Cam, Smart Cam and Video Trimmer will not work. But Samsung and HTC apps should work fine.

HTC apps are downloading but not installing for me! Don't know what's wrong..

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you get the permission to do this I dont have a clue how to even get the apps?

Where do I add the proxy?
1. Go to settings /language +region..change your region to United states.
2. Go to settings /WiFi / press your WiFi network and there you can see an option to switch on proxy.

3. After switching on it will ask for the server address and port number, fill them with the above details and save.

4. That's it, open up market and click apps from Nokia, there you can find All the applications

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome. Apps that say not available. Back out of it, wait 3 secs, and go back in. You'll see the Install button. HTC apps I can't install though.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Does this work on GDR2 based phones? The store didn't change to show me Nokia apps after putting this proxy information in. Still only gives me the Sprint and HTC apps. (Sprint 8xt)

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Does this work on GDR2 based phones? The store didn't change to show me Nokia apps after putting this proxy information in. Still only gives me the Sprint and HTC apps. (Sprint 8xt)
you should change the region to United states and restart your phone..

If
it doesn't work remove your sim and try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb