Install any manufacturers app from one place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Proxy trick worked a treat on my Lumia 521! Thank you so much! :D

And, yes, some apps simply wouldn't install. Tried installing the HTC clock one. No go. Bit I got all the cool Nokia camera extras like Pro Cam and Trimmer. :D :D

udareaniket

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
i am from India and i tried to install apps in this manner
i was successful in installing the softwares(nokia pro cam and smart cam) but after installation the when i tried to open them it said "sorry this app wont work with this version of windows"
my firmware version is 1030.6409.1314.1002

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone got this to work on a Lumia 520 with an At&t sim? I set up the proxy, but I still can't find any nokia apps that I didn't already have access to. The only thing I can think of is because I am using my work Wi-fi. I will try again when I get home and see if I have better luck.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So let me get this straight, you Nokia users who have all those "exclusives" think you are entitled to the exclusive apps from other manufacturers as well?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Those with HTC and Samsung can use this to get Nokia apps too... I'm using it to get Smart Cam and Pro Cam on the 521.

Both of those are Nokia apps anyway, granted they aren't for the 521 but the point is that you own a Nokia device.

My question still stands!!!!!

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Awesome dude. You rock.
Once u tap on install, you should switch off proxy, only then it worked for my Lumia 620. :):):):):)

Thanks a ton.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Shame that no HTC apps will install on Nokia phones. I so wanted the HTC Clock tile that actually updates by the minute.
Same, it would download and starts installing but just stops and says attention required. Also I heard there's no HTC clock anyway even if installed on a Lumia successfully

alky13

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, my friend still has a Lumia 710, does this trick work on WP7.8 too? He wants the HTC WP7.x hub, can he get it with the proxy trick? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Excuse me for posting on the WP8 section.. :s

Last edited:

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Same, it would download and starts installing but just stops and says attention required. Also I heard there's no HTC clock anyway even if installed on a Lumia successfully

I suggest that you turn off the proxy before pressing the install button. (Once the install button is click-able,don't click yet.. tap window-> go to wifi proxy settings and turn off the proxy.. then hit back until you reach the install page, then hit install button..this solved the 'attention required' problem on my case)

Last edited:

s_madhekar

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Just saw Nokia Pro cam got updated.
But when I try to update same using fiddler/proxy , doesn't allow it to update on my L620.
Do you need to uninstall same and then re try to install it ?
Does the update has some patch which will disable the app ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett