Music problems on Lumia 820

inkyblinky

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 820 changes the genre on several of my songs. On some of my classical music, I have a whole album of about 20 songs whose genre is listed as "Classical". For some reason, 10 or so of those songs have their genre changed to "Alternative Musik".

I also have another album listed as "Folk", but everytime I transfer it over, the songs change to "World".

No matter what I do, I can't change those songs back to their correct genre. Everytime I try to transfer them over, those same songs will display the correct genre. However when I reload either music app (xbox music or Nokia music), the songs automatically change their genre. I've even removed all tags using an ID3 tag editor and inputting them manually again, and it still changes my genre.

How do I fix this? It drives me crazy whenever I don't have things in their correct place.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Xbox Music considers the genre to be different than you do. For example, if you were to look for those songs on Xbox Music to buy them, maybe the category on Xbox Music is "world" not "folk".

Lethabo Ngakane

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
1. Hi all I hate this phone already, it cost me alot and is no ways better than the galaxy sII, I need to enjoy this phone. I downloaded audio files from my gmail and when I go into my music files on the phone I don't see them, I also downloaded an album and still it doesn't show in any part of the phone, where do audio downloads go?

2. is there no voice recorder on this phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers