08-13-2013 05:47 PM
88 1234
tools
    I moved my domain from Gmail to Outlook.com and never looked back. Haven't missed a thing.
    08-12-2013 08:14 AM
    used to miss google latitude. but they are stopping the service anyway. other than that, nada.
    08-12-2013 08:34 AM
    Nothing.

Although XBox Music has been a friggin headache for me.
    08-12-2013 09:25 AM
    Hello, how are you?
    I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you?

I was wondering how much do you WP8 users miss Native google services
    I don't miss them at all. I started moving away from Google long before I got any Windows Phone. I find the services I use now to be superior to Google... at least, as far as my usage and preferences are concerned.
    08-12-2013 09:43 AM
    I miss Reader. Thats it.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-12-2013 10:00 AM
    I miss Reader.
    I thought I was going to miss Reader, that was my last Google holdout. But Feedly and Nextgen Reader have been more than adequate replacements. Sure, you still have to log in to Feedly with a Google account, but... *shrug* that doesn't bug me.
    08-12-2013 10:17 AM
    I don't.
    08-12-2013 10:58 AM
    I don't, but only because I also carry an Android. Give up YouTube & Google Voice? Never! At least not until there are decent replacements.
    08-12-2013 11:17 AM
    I don't, but only because I also carry an Android. Give up YouTube & Google Voice? Never! At least not until there are decent replacements.
    Why is metrotube not a decent replacement? I prefer it over Android's official app.
    08-12-2013 11:28 AM
    Why is metrotube not a decent replacement? I prefer it over Android's official app.
    Yes but you're still using YouTube services. I wasn't necessarily talking about the app. 90% of my YouTube use is on a PC in the browser.

And that still doesn't cover Google Voice...
    08-12-2013 11:50 AM
    Yes but you're still using YouTube services. I wasn't necessarily talking about the app. 90% of my YouTube use is on a PC in the browser.

And that still doesn't cover Google Voice...
    Ok, yes, that makes more sense than what I understood.

I have no use for Google voice (the few I know that do use it also have Skype accounts) so I can't comment on that, nor do/would I miss it.

YouTube is the only service I would miss, but thankfully WP has that covered.
    lpforthewin likes this.
    08-12-2013 12:59 PM
    If I used any of them besides the occasional YouTube, I would certainly miss them, I guess? Just wish my family would get on board so I can use the damn Rooms for things like calendar!
    08-12-2013 03:37 PM
    There are a couple good YouTube apps on WP8 that are identical to the original YouTube app, logo and all. I personally don't like Metro Tube because of how the tile looks. If the tile doesn't match the native phone tiles, then it looks too tacky to me. Another reason I don't use Metro Tube is because every time that I try to share a video it creates a broken link(Tested on 2 devices). But, like I said, the main reason is that the tile does not blend in well with most Windows phone's tiles...it has an off-black background that gives it that under budget third party feel.
    08-12-2013 04:10 PM
    I have been on WP for 2 weeks now. I am coming from a Galaxy S4 and a Note 2 before that. I had been pretty tied up in Google services. I wanted to try the WP experience so I have really gone all in. I moved my calendar, email and contacts to outlook. I have also been using One Note and really like that. Surprisingly I really don't miss Google. I thought I would, but it just has not been the case. I don't use YouTube as much as I used to for some reason. I don't think it's the lack of an official app though. I am also using SkyDrive instead of Google Drive. No issues there either.
    fatclue_98 and CDiS99 like this.
    08-12-2013 04:43 PM
    Still waiting for official YT app as good, as the one taken down by Google. Don't care about the rest of add/invigilation/Google services.

The Youtube official app for Android is horrible, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet and the app is slow and ugly, I don't know why you want an app like those.

I use MyTube and it is great, a lot better than official YT app.
    08-12-2013 04:45 PM
    I only use YouTube, and myTube (best WP8 app there is along with the WPCentral app, IMO) and the mobile website cover all the needs, so I don't miss anything.
    08-12-2013 04:52 PM
    I don't, if anything I'm trying to move away from Google services.
    08-12-2013 04:52 PM
    I thought I was going to miss Reader, that was my last Google holdout. But Feedly and Nextgen Reader have been more than adequate replacements. Sure, you still have to log in to Feedly with a Google account, but... *shrug* that doesn't bug me.
    Yeah, I was using Reader too (in the browser) and thought I would miss it, but I use miniRSS and it's a great little app that covers all my needs now.
    08-12-2013 04:54 PM
    Zero. Not at all.

I am spyware free.
    08-12-2013 04:59 PM
    Not one bit. Of course, Google did a good job of helping this along by killing off services I really liked, such as Latitude and Reader. But I am quite happily living without anything Google anymore.
    08-12-2013 04:59 PM
    I miss maps, and used to use latitude a lot, but other than that nothing.
    08-12-2013 05:02 PM
    I alternate between Android & WP8 & the thing I miss most about Android is the Chrome browser when I use WP8. I also miss the notification centre which is really handy, & IMO works better then live tiles for SMS and email messages.

Although you don't really miss out on any of the main Google services by using WP, I find myself thinking why use WP over Android when a new version comes out. WP is slowly losing it's advantages with every new release IMO.
    FinancialP likes this.
    08-12-2013 05:21 PM
    I have access to gmail for what I need, to check it and I have youtube if I want. I only miss a good google+ app, haven't liked any yet, but I'm not very active there.
    08-12-2013 05:22 PM
    Hello, how are you?
    It seems that Google and Microsoft haven't been seeing eye to eye.
    I was wondering how much do you WP8 users miss Native google services, like google maps, gmail, google drive, music, YouTube and such.
    Are the google services a big plus of the android system?

Cheers!
    The native Gmail on Android was awful as far as I'm concerned so I guess I'll say I don't miss the Google experience one bit. Outlook works great for me.
    08-12-2013 05:41 PM
    Although you don't really miss out on any of the main Google services by using WP, I find myself thinking why use WP over Android when a new version comes out. WP is slowly losing it's advantages with every new release IMO.
    To me, the main advantage of WP is the UI, the smooth and simple navigation, and the integration of Microsoft services - and to be frank, the lack of Google integration is a plus to me personally (though I certainly understand why others would find it a negative). Which advantage does/did WP have for you that Android is now closing the gap on with subsequent updates?
    a5cent likes this.
    08-12-2013 05:47 PM
88 1234