Live Tile issues, help!

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Like a lot of you I rely on live tiles for quick info and now mine have stopped working. After installing Bing news and Bing sports live tile, I went into the setting for Bing News and turned on news alerts and live tile. When I did this my 920 became unresponsive. None of the buttons (volume, power, camera) worked along with the capacitive keys. The screen did not respond to taps either. Phone just froze. I left it that way for about 15 min to see if it would fix its self with no luck. So, I held the power button together with the volume button until it restarted.

Since then none of my live tiles work. Gasbuddy, the weather channel, Bing news and sports. The weather channel is just blue and says "The Weather Channel" The others only change after I open the app and close it. Background task are allowed for these apps along with live tiles in their settings.

If you know of a fix, please help. thanks

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
check your background apps in settings applications. Reduce the numb er of apps allowed to five. If you have a boatload of apps delete some that you are not using very much and the problem should go away. Thats what I did adter simple calendar would not automatically change to tomorrows date after passing midnight. All issues cleared up. Try it and chill out. It may take an hour or so to clear up. Chill!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs