Sharing store accounts

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and took the plunge. My wife and my 928s should be there when I get home from work, so tonight will be about setting them up, getting apps installed, etc. On other platforms we've been able to share an app store* (tm Apple) account and not repurchase apps. Does this work well for WP? I seem to remember having some issue on Android, but Win8 is okay.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only way to do this is to use the same Microsoft account - which violates the terms and conditions of the Microsoft account.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and took the plunge. My wife and my 928s should be there when I get home from work, so tonight will be about setting them up, getting apps installed, etc. On other platforms we've been able to share an app store* (tm Apple) account and not repurchase apps. Does this work well for WP? I seem to remember having some issue on Android, but Win8 is okay.

You can do it, but as hopmedic said it's against Microsoft's ToS. I recall reading awhile ago where someone tried it but had issues with notifications or updates or something, but I don't remember the details.

I'm curious what issues you had doing it with Android. I use all 3 OS's, and Android is by far the easiest to share accounts. My wife & I share our main account which is our primary email and Play Store account, and I have several other devices on it as well. Absolutely no issues! It even keeps track of backups for the different devices and restores the correct backups without the user having to choose.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You can do it, but as hopmedic said it's against Microsoft's ToS.
Hmm... I guess I hadn't thought about ToS. I figured it would either be possible or tied to the phone login. Thanks for the info.

I'm curious what issues you had doing it with Android.
It's been two years since we were both on Android. We keep separate email and identities. IIRC, Android doesn't have the ability to use a separate id for the app store. That was something I found very refreshing about iOS.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's been two years since we were both on Android. We keep separate email and identities. IIRC, Android doesn't have the ability to use a separate id for the app store. That was something I found very refreshing about iOS.

I started using Android a little over 2 years ago so I'm not familiar with it prior to that. My first OS version was Froyo. Now you can certainly use separate Google accounts for the Play Store. In fact, it's quite easy to switch between them when you're in the Play Store. You just add as many Google accounts as you want, and then in each Google app you can choose which account to use. They're all listed; just make your selection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720