10-29-2013 09:56 AM
26 12
tools
    Okay so what features must still come to wp8 nokia map and here drive there must be more?? All you meego / belle fans please tell me
    08-14-2013 12:03 PM
    Hahaha really no one ? :'(
    08-14-2013 12:27 PM
    It think that they should globalize the 3D building feature in maps here in South America you can't find that,
    08-14-2013 12:35 PM
    At the end of the travel, say the name of the destination (whether that be a POI name, a favorite name, or an address), and put it on the screen.
    Say which side of the street the destination is on (and put it on the screen).
    Add via points.

Those are the big 3 that I miss. My seven year old Garmin will do it, so this should, too.
    08-14-2013 12:39 PM
    Here maps - for whatever reason - doesn't display traffic for me. Tried it on two devices with the same result. Tried in 4 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada). No es bueno.

For Drive, the ability to suggest routes based on traffic would be nice. Perhaps integrate with something like Waze or have their own.
    dalydose likes this.
    08-14-2013 12:46 PM
    It seems alot of these features might soon come to wp nokia. One feature is the indoor which is not available on any Nokia devices so that might be interesting to see who gets it first :P
    08-14-2013 02:27 PM
    Here maps - for whatever reason - doesn't display traffic for me. Tried it on two devices with the same result. Tried in 4 states (California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada). No es bueno.

For Drive, the ability to suggest routes based on traffic would be nice. Perhaps integrate with something like Waze or have their own.
    Traffic routing is my #1 want. I don't care about MyCommute, I want live traffic routing to any destination that I'm navigating to.
    08-14-2013 02:29 PM
    I'm not sure who needs to fix their software, might be Audible, Nokia, and/or Microsoft, but audio ducking needs to stop being terrible. You can't listen to audiobooks and have voice navigation on at the same time without missing several sentences of the book whenever navigation says anything. Back when I had an iPhone, it would pause the book when the navigation interrupted.
    08-14-2013 02:34 PM
    Traffic routing is my #1 want. I don't care about MyCommute, I want live traffic routing to any destination that I'm navigating to.
    This should absolutely be the #1 priority. #2 should be voice command integration, I want to speak my address like high end garmin and tomtom units.
    08-14-2013 03:12 PM
    I'm not sure who needs to fix their software, might be Audible, Nokia, and/or Microsoft, but audio ducking needs to stop being terrible. You can't listen to audiobooks and have voice navigation on at the same time without missing several sentences of the book whenever navigation says anything. Back when I had an iPhone, it would pause the book when the navigation interrupted.
    I agree. For me it's not books, but podcasts. I've found that if I have the podcast app in the foreground, it does pause, but if I have the map up, it doesn't. It's a fix that will have to come from Microsoft, I'm sure.

This should absolutely be the #1 priority. #2 should be voice command integration, I want to speak my address like high end garmin and tomtom units.
    Navigation Shortcuts | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    This app will do voice commands to route you to favorites. Not complete voice recognition, but it's something. It was also one of the earlier WP8 apps.
    08-14-2013 06:08 PM
    fuzzy search for one. It should be able to do keyword search instead of a neat address input.
    08-14-2013 11:49 PM
    Most of my wants are listed above. The only one that is not is the compatibility with Ford Sync. Waze on IOS would interrupt my radio station as if it were receiving a phone call to give voice directions. About 90% of all GPS software does not do this. If I want to use GPS guidance I need to keep the radio on Bluetooth instead of being able to listen to local radio.
    08-15-2013 12:30 AM
    For Maps - the ability to go to the home view without hitting the back button.
    For Drive+, multiple suggested routes and the ability to exit navigation without hitting the back button.
    Both should have up to date construction data.

Basically Windows apps need more UI controls and less reliance on the damn back button for navigation.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phon...ows-phone-maps

I can't believe the iOS version of these apps are more fully featured then the Windows Phone. This is a disgrace!
    08-15-2013 02:19 AM
    Via, for here drive +
    08-15-2013 02:23 AM
    Well where to start.

- Live traffic information
    - Speed camera indication (for those countries that have mounted speed cameras)
    - Better lane indication for roundabouts and highway exits (think Tom Tom here)
    - Side of destination

Those are the basics I'm sure there's more advance features out there but that would do me.
    08-15-2013 02:51 AM
    If your looking for more options for voice integration for here drive, try my app.

You can search hands free for places or directly launch to a saved destination.
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...1-9a256d1f68a3
    10-20-2013 08:45 AM
    At the end of the travel, say the name of the destination (whether that be a POI name, a favorite name, or an address), and put it on the screen.
    Say which side of the street the destination is on (and put it on the screen).
    Add via points.

Those are the big 3 that I miss. My seven year old Garmin will do it, so this should, too.
    ^^^^^^ Yeah, that ^^^^^^
    10-20-2013 10:27 AM
    Traffic!
    10-21-2013 07:45 PM
    Here drive - tell us what side if the road the destination is. (i.e. "Your destination is on your left")
    hopmedic and Red920 like this.
    10-21-2013 07:47 PM
    I want alternate routes coupled with better routing.

If I can only have one... better routing (US version).
    10-21-2013 09:20 PM
    Direct link within Here Drive & Maps to turn on/off location setting
    10-22-2013 01:15 AM
    Direct link within Here Drive & Maps to turn on/off location setting
    I would prefer it was like Symbian where it would turn on/off automatically. Problem is that 'every' damn app asks for location.
    10-22-2013 04:10 AM
    The best feature would be the ability to sync routes from the online Here Maps site to my phone.

I do believe that this is in the works but is taking forever to be implemented.
    N_LaRUE and hopmedic like this.
    10-22-2013 06:02 AM
    After a recent experience, better routing and understanding that sometimes staying on a major road is better than their so called 'short cut'. Country roads in the UK are not something you 'want' to go down until you have to, it doesn't get you there 'faster'. Not sure how easy that is to program into the app or adding an option to avoid those roads until you can't would be nice.
    10-22-2013 06:17 AM
    1)Exit numbers in directions
    2)Left/right notice for designation
    3)Periodic background location update (app is very slow to realize you're in a new location)
    4)Smarter search (so many times I have to search multiple times to get a good result for something basic like a train station)
    5) Better integration with Transit so I can find and drive/ride to a station that's not in the immediate vicinity then take a bus/train.
    N_LaRUE and hopmedic like this.
    10-22-2013 06:58 AM
26 12