So is there a proper fix yet for the whole Facebook chat and notifications problem?

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Real sorry for having to post something that's obviously been done to death, but it beats digging through pages and pages of threads for an answer.

Basically, I'm getting real sick and tired of messages and notifications not coming to my Lumia 520 and I want to know if we have established a proper consensus to a fix yet. There seems to be an absolute crapload of discussion about it going on within these forums and other internet sites related to the issue, but I am yet to see a clear solution to the problem that should work for everyone. I know it probably means there isn't any, but I just want a definitive answer to my biggest problem with WP thus far, even if it's just assuring me that there we simply we have not been able to establish a proper solution yet.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It was fine with some delay and such. Then last update they tried to "fix" it and it never work since then. Luckily fb chat was never a thing here. :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The proper fix is to delete the facebook app from your phone and put up a terrible review.

The facebook app worked and looked perfect before the beta to make it unified across all the OS's

I got fed up with notifications coming through 4-5 days late and stacking up on the live tile with an ever increasing number that wouldn't disappear because the notifications didn't exist anymore having seen the notifications already on my pc. Add to the fact facebook messaging stopped syncing with my contacts and was sending me text messages from an odd 6 digit number instead of in message threads it warranted an uninstallation.

Ive now gone back to the people hub for all my facebook needs as at least that always works.

JiroJarin

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I just fixed my facebook chat in my lumia 820. just do the following steps below: *this is just for the facebook chat

1. first of all log out your facebook account in all of your devices. As in "all".
2. log on to your facebook acct. and go to Account settings then go to apps at the left column.(do this in PC)
3. find and remove "microsoft" under the "apps you use". if you have IM+ in your phone, uninstall it and remove also "IM+ for windows 7" under the "apps you use".(do this in PC)
4. after that, change your facebook password. it will prompt you to "log out to other device" or " keep me logged in" choose the " log out to other devices" then log out from your pc(do this in PC).
5. In your windows phone, go to Settings>email+accounts then tap and hold your facebook acct. then tap delete.
6. after that, re add your facebook acct. *there will be a prompt for you to connect to facebook chat then tap "not now" *wait until it stopped syncing.
7. uninstall facebook on your phone.
8. reinstall facebook on your phone..*note: when you reinstall your facebook app it will have an initial configuration for lock screen and notifications,, just tap "not now".
9. now, open your messaging tile on your phone and tap the three dots at the bottom-right corner then tap settings. turn on the "Use Facebook Chat" feature then follow the set-up instructions

there you have it!!!

*note: when you're not using facebook chat on your phone, change your status to offline before turning off your wifi or cellular data, or else you will be forever online on your friend's facebook account.

it worked for me! I hope it works for you

Last edited:

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I just fixed my facebook chat in my lumia 820. just do the following steps below: *this is just for the facebook chat

1. first of all log out your facebook account in all of your devices. As in "all".
2. log on to your facebook acct. and go to Account settings then go to apps at the left column.(do this in PC)
3. find and remove "microsoft" under the "apps you use". if you have IM+ in your phone, uninstall it and remove also "IM+ for windows 7" under the "apps you use".(do this in PC)
4. after that, change your facebook password. it will prompt you to "log out to other device" or " keep me logged in" choose the " log out to other devices" then log out from your pc(do this in PC).
5. In your windows phone, go to Settings>email+accounts then tap and hold your facebook acct. then tap delete.
6. after that, re add your facebook acct. *there will be a prompt for you to connect to facebook chat then tap "not now" *wait until it stopped syncing.
7. uninstall facebook on your phone.
8. reinstall facebook on your phone..*note: when you reinstall your facebook app it will have an initial configuration for lock screen and notifications,, just tap "not now".
9. now, open your messaging tile on your phone and tap the three dots at the bottom-right corner then tap settings. turn on the "Use Facebook Chat" feature then follow the set-up instructions

there you have it!!!

*note: when your not using facebook chat on your phone, change your status to offline before turning off your wifi or cellular data, or else you will be forever online on your friend's facebook account.

it worked for me! I hope it works for you

Haha I actually did this exact thing a few weeks ago after reading it from someone else (took a LOT of digging around to find it) and it worked. I had planned to update this thread with my official solution but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! :D

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Got Lumia 928 a few days after release and Facebook has never worked well. I heard the latest update was supposed to be great for notifications, but bupkiss.

Aashima Mehta

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed much faster battery drain after facebook chat bug resolution? My battery on HTC 8x doesn't even last for 10 hours with very light use whereas it used to go for 2 days with moderate use previously? :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte