Something very suspicious. Conspiracy theory? Need all your help...

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Basically the more Windows Phone users there are, the more apps are purchased, the more developers see Windows Phone as a worthwhile OS. It is best for all of us if Windows Phone gets huge.

Where am I going with all this?

On Hot UK Deals website, I searched for the keyword "Lumia" and I was shocked at the search results. Nearly all the entries are severely marked cold. Not too long ago they were naturally hot but all of a sudden all of them cold? Something is not right.

Two possible reasons:

1) Android or iPhone users are voting them all cold. Maybe some forum someone has suggested to make them all cold.
2) Could it be Google or Apple at play? Employing people to down vote anything related to Windows Phone?

I ask all Windows Phone users to please take a moment to visit the site and search for Lumia or Windows Phone and vote hot any of the results. We NEED a huge user base for developers and others to take the OS seriously.

Please!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 4

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just the website doesn't promote WP ot the whole staff is full of Android and Apple addicts. I wouldn't worry about that site, lets say Expansys has a very good stock of Lumias, 720, 820, 920, 925, and so on, and is already expecting to sell 625 and 1020 in Europe. So I wouldn't be surprised if this UK site that you're mentioning is just somehow "corrupted" from the core.

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Android armies are at play here - its not like they haven't caught bad-mouthing WP in the past....
That page really does present a very bad impression for an outsider looking in ..

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
On the one hand this is something to be expected - people love their platform and don't like others. Just check out any mobile news on a site like Engadget or The Verge and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying it's right, but it's definitely the way it is. I'm a member of Hot UK Deals and it frustrates me when I see this, but on the other hand you can't ignore that there is another side to this...

Capture.PNG

That's on the first page of Mobile deals at the time I'm writing this. The good deals really do get voted up a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99