Gmail and windows phone 8

Martyuk

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Heres an odd problem, I have a windows 8 phone, Acend W1,updated to gdr2 a few days ago, now when I add a gmail mail account, I can recieve emails ok but trying to view attached images produces a ' download incomplete ' message. I have reset the phone, recreated the email account but its the same. My hotmail and live accounts work fine, sending the same email to those I can load the images.

To get around this new problem I have forwarded my gmail to my live account BUT ! I played around with the add email settings and if I remove the gmail account from the phone and add a new email account by using 'add account / advanced' and enter the settings for gmail as shown on google's set up help page, my gmail account works fine, it loads attached images and files just fine.

Has the new gdr2 update messed up something or has google began playing silly beggers ?
--

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
If you have a regular Gmail account, using the Gmail settings works perfectly.

If you have a Gmail account provided by a business or school, you have to enter the IMAP/STMP settings.

I have no issues with mail on my 521.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have a regular Gmail account, using the Gmail settings works perfectly.

I was not getting notifications at all when i just added the Gmail account, has that changed somehow? I've bought the phone like a month ago.
Using the "advanced" and adding it manuall i at least get the vibration and sound notification, still no toast though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss