Bluetooth headset

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there one that will work for music and voice for wp8?
I have a nl920 and have been using a cheap wired headset to listen to podcasts and music. I love being able to get text and reply to them, or calls with it also. Tried to use my husband jawbone icon hd and could listen to my podcasts, but wouldn't resume after a text like the wired ones, after the second time for a text it couldn't get it to play at all! Does anyone know of a Bluetooth headset that can handle all of the awesome stuff our phones will do by voice, and play music/podcasts also, switching between it all as it happens?

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Jaybird Blue Buds X. Ear bud headphones made for working out with sweat resistance. Pros: Works great with my Lumia 822, light, Bluetooth, full use of voice (text, phone, search, etc.), good audio quality. Cons: Expensive ($179), Doesn't make use of Dolby audio options since they're Bluetooth, no fast forward or rewind on songs only skip forward and back (haven't tried audio books, or podcasts). So far a good investment for something I use quite often. Made sure to get the $20 two year warranty fro BB just in case.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
D. Q. I'm a little unclear on what your looking for, when you say "headset" are you referring to a headphone type headset (covering both ears) or a single ear headset? I use the Motorola S305 headset mainly for music and such, and the BlueAnt Q2 for work, they both handle text, music, podcast, navigation apps ECT, never had a problem using either when I owned the L920, they both work well with my L1020 as well, the Motorola doesn't handle full voice commands as the Q2 does though

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
And no I've never had a problem switching from text to music, when listening to music and a call or text comes in, it will switch to the call or text and then resume the music automatically when the call or text is finished, also, I'm not aware of a Bluetooth headset that can fast forward or rewind from headset, just skip forward or back, that might be cool though

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Then I would recommend the Q2, even though it won't give you the full rich sound as a headphone headset, it actually has pretty good sound for a single ear headset, which allows you to be aware of your surroundings and does have full voice commands, I don't have to pull my phone out to make calls ECT, just push button and use the phones voice command, works great for work and driving

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh and the Motorola is a headphone type headset (covers both ears) pretty good sound but limited voice commands, like I said I use it if I'm just wanting to listen to music, not so good for work though lol

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Price for one, the Q2 is one generation older, the Q3 has full HD sound and a few other tweaks, my Q2 is still going strong so I haven't felt the need to buy a new headset to replace it yet, but I wouldn't try to discourage you from getting it, I have tried the Q3 and it is a great headset but almost twice the price of the Q2 naturally since its the newer version of that line of headsets, so if you want the latest and greatest and don't mind spending the $$ by all means get the Q3, hope this helps

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't get sucked in by full HD sound on an earpiece, better sound range but not THAT much better, it is a quality headset though I don't believe you'd be disappointed with either one

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not gonna deny that good sound is nice, I'm just way more interested in a usable feature set.
So the jaybird blue bud x and the blue ant q2 are both compatible for voice to text and other voice functions and have no problems resuming/switching from music-podcasts and back to the voice functions multiple times?
Any other options anyone has found?

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Tone and I love it. Very good stereo sound. Very good mic for voice calls and commands. Excellent controls. Quite comfortable for workouts and other sweaty situations. $70.

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Jaybird / BluebudsX. Pricey but you'll instantly see why.

Into my 3rd week with my BlueBuds X. Comfortable, secure fit, very good audio (with the right fit), controls work well for voice commands, music, and love the wireless convenience. I have other wired in-ear buds that do have better audio, however, for biking I'm done dealing with cords hanging down catching on things. The initial pain of paying $170 for the BlueBuds is diminishing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077