Bing Weather: Does anyone else's live tile not update?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
my bing weather live tile never updated either temp or location, even after opening the actual app.uninstalled/reinstalled several times without success. i'm very disappointed as i realy liked the app.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
got same problem. bing weather live tile was not updating properly. i just repinned the tile and it seemed to work fine for a while, but then it stopped udpating the tile again.
i have just about 3-5 baground running apps.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this with a lot of weather apps, the live tile or the lock screen does not update until you go into the app which is kind of pointless. Accuweather does work sometimes, Bing rarely, Amazing weather HD which shows the time since last update rarely works at all. On android when you unlock it updates the the weather among other things, this is not happening on Windows phone, I have to go into the app. Now my news apps such as NBC news, Weave reader etc are all fine, its just the damn weather and its really annoying.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
L620 on AIO, same thing. Bing Weather is the only app that doesn't seem to update like it should. I really like it as my lockscreen, but it's kinda useless unless it updates.

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The Bing Weather app on my Lumia 521 updates when the app is open, but as soon as I close it, the "Live" Tile goes back to what I imagine was its last updated temperature. For example, it's currently 64?F and the live tile says 59?F. The Bing Weather app on my Surface Pro updates perfectly fine both when the app is open and the live tile. On my phone I've done a million different things, including uninstalling App Social (which I never even used anyway), but nothing has worked. My 521 is a secondary phone and it's little things like this (the number of them is growing) that keep me from switching full-time and getting a higher-end WP8 device. :cry:

TexasDude

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The Bing Weather live tile and lock screen don't update on my 521 either. They worked until this past week, then stopped. Wasn't there a Bing Weather update recently. I wonder if that's what killed it.

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My Bing weather live tile also stopped working a couple of days ago, Lumia 520 GDR2. Have tried all the "usual" things like reinstalling etc, it flips but just shows the weather icon and no updates. Opening the app the information appears to be more or less correct for this area.

Mike

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just for information my live tile starting working again during the night. Initially it started working looking like the original version of the app without the background graphics and finally as it should be. Earlier it also showed the weather for a location about 50km from here where I had not been since before I acquired the 520. I suspect that this must be something to do with Msft's "mother" application that is providing information to the phone, as a number of people have been affected at the same time. Any ideas?
Mike

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My Bing News tile doesn't update - it just flips and still displays the app icon/news icon. I reset my phone to try fix this, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, however it still does this. Weather is fine last i checked, and stocks also works.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had all these problems and more. I don't know if I have sorted any of it out.
  • My Bing lockscreen pic hasn't been updating.
  • My Bing finance tile won't update itself until I go open the app
  • Quick Timer won't make a sound unless open. I use it to time my exercising and it wasn't going off.
  • Amazing Weather HD tile won't update unless I go open the app.
  • Phone has been freezing a lot lately.

I had a lockscreen manager, I uninstalled it and that hasn't seemed to help. I unpinned/repinned the Bing finance tile, that didn't seem to help.

I also uninstalled NextGen reader and now Quick Timer and the Bing finance tile seem to work. I don't know how that is connected.

I don't know if it was NextGen reader of if that was just happened to be the app that I installed that broke things. I will re-install and try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa