so google made a new youtube app...

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if its written in html5? or are they mad that microsofts app actually is better then their piece of junk?

I don't believe it's written in HTML5. I also don't believe Google care one way or the other about the quality of the Microsoft app. I also don't believe there's any point debating the rights, wrongs or logic of Google's or Microsoft's position on this app. There's no mystery here. Google and Microsoft are in a p!ssing competition, and we're the ones getting p!ssed on.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it's written in HTML5. I also don't believe Google care one way or the other about the quality of the Microsoft app. I also don't believe there's any point debating the rights, wrongs or logic of Google's or Microsoft's position on this app. There's no mystery here. Google and Microsoft are in a p!ssing competition, and we're the ones getting p!ssed on.
It's warm though.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I could care less anymore the 3rd party apps like myTube / MetroTube actually work better than the official one. Screw google.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I could care less anymore the 3rd party apps like myTube / MetroTube actually work better than the official one. Screw google.

Yeah, screw Google (who is the one actually hosting the service that myTube and MetroTube access and that you are using)!

[Hint: whether it's through myTube, MetroTube or some official app, your still accessing YouTube, which is owned by Google. So if you really want to screw them, stop accessing YouTube through any app at all]

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe I am screwing google with metro tube because I don't see their crappy adds, so they don't get paid :)

Yeah, screw Google (who is the one actually hosting the service that myTube and MetroTube access and that you are using)!

[Hint: whether it's through myTube, MetroTube or some official app, your still accessing YouTube, which is owned by Google. So if you really want to screw them, stop accessing YouTube through any app at all]

Cornercurve

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, but for new users coming into WP, not having a decent official app looks odd. We know the alternatives are great, but a lot of people judge quickly and without looking too much into it.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Beggers can't be choosers. Right now, Google owns the content you desperately want to watch. So, there is really nothing you can do about it if Google don't like the particular platform you are on. The only way to screw Google is don't watch YouTube regardless which platform you are on.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should take a revenge on Google by disabling Skype for Android. Just imagine how p!ssed would Android users be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)