help about cool feature in wp8

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
which cool feature got the wp8 that i cant find in Android and IOS System?
and the Wp Store got Instegram?
i will be more then glad if someone answer me :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Live Tiles, not a feature on Android or IOS

6Tag is coming out soon that is Instagram Client that has been approved by Instagram themselves.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
hold down camera button to start the camera is one for me, but im not sure if there are variants of android that will do the same thing (zoom? hideous creature even if it did though...)
kids corner is good too
family thing... not sure what it's called... the one where you group a bunch of people and share calendar and stuff

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
hold down camera button to start the camera is one for me, but im not sure if there are variants of android that will do the same thing (zoom? hideous creature even if it did though...)
kids corner is good too
family thing... not sure what it's called... the one where you group a bunch of people and share calendar and stuff

Hey man, i didnt understand you , what the diffrent between iphone instegram to 6 tag?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, i didnt understand you , what the diffrent between iphone instegram to 6 tag?

lol, ok what i meant was
1 - the ability to hold down a button to start the camera from standby
2 - kids corner allows you to set up the phone so that when you give the phone to someone else (presumably your kid) they can only access the stuff you assigned it, might want to bing it, i can't explain it very well
3 - last one is in this link (no idea how to explain it...)
Use Rooms and Groups | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

i have not used 6tag so i don't know what the difference is, but as far as i know 6 tag can do (almost) anything instagram app does, so i wouldn't worry about instagram

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
lol, ok what i meant was
2 - kids corner allows you to set up the phone so that when you give the phone to someone else (presumably your kid) they can only access the stuff you assigned it, might want to bing it, i can't explain it very well

i have not used 6tag so i don't know what the difference is, but as far as i know 6 tag can do (almost) anything instagram app does, so i wouldn't worry about instagram

hey man i just 15 years old i have no kid :O do you think i can use this phone in my age?
and in 6 tag can i see my friend photo and upload from them instagram?

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
lol, ok what i meant was

lol man i am 15 years old, the system can intersting me although my age?
and can i see my friend upload if they have a regular instagram? i mean like i watch in my instagram in my iphone?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
6tag, instance and #2InstaWithMassiveLove are all Instagram clients for WP. I use Instance and it works very well but isn't free and isn't 'official'.

The Rooms and Groups feature is simply a way to groups and share information with family, friends, etc in one place. I have a family room set up on mine that my wife and daughter belong to also. In it we can share pictures, group chat, share documents and calendars. The group feature I use and have all my close friends and family in it. This way the live tile will show me when someone updates their status, sends me a text or anything else on social networks. The only drawback with rooms is that to be able to use all the features the member has to be using WP.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
hey man i just 15 years old i have no kid :O do you think i can use this phone in my age?
and in 6 tag can i see my friend photo and upload from them instagram?

so uh, welcome to the family? :p anyways, WP works for all ages, you can use kids corner for when you are lending your phone to a buddy, so it's more like a guest account on the phone (so your friends can't access things you prefer them not to see)

not sure what 15yr old do now a days, but gaming has been pretty good on WP, most of the social network like Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin (not that you would use this), and instagram can be accessed easily from it, texting works great (at least i find the keyboard much easier to use), and you can pin almost anything that is important to you to the home screen (favorite website, groups of people, apps of course, etc)

6 tag will do what you want with instagram, and worse case scenario there is always Hipstamatic Oggl

[EDIT] forgot to say, having Microsoft Office preinstalled on the phone can help too, never know when you need to quickly type out an essay or homework that you forgot to do ;)

Edward Woodward1

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
People hub. one of my favourite things about WP8 OS, its essentially all of your social media in one place, facebook, twitter, hotmail etc and is very beautifully designed

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
so uh, welcome to the family? :p anyways, WP works for all ages, you can use kids corner for when you are lending your phone to a buddy, so it's more like a guest account on the phone (so your friends can't access things you prefer them not to see)

not sure what 15yr old do now a days, but gaming has been pretty good on WP, most of the social network like Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin (not that you would use this), and instagram can be accessed easily from it, texting works great (at least i find the keyboard much easier to use), and you can pin almost anything that is important to you to the home screen (favorite website, groups of people, apps of course, etc)

6 tag will do what you want with instagram, and worse case scenario there is always Hipstamatic Oggl

[EDIT] forgot to say, having Microsoft Office preinstalled on the phone can help too, never know when you need to quickly type out an essay or homework that you forgot to do ;)
hey man first thank you, i have three games in my iphone 5 i am not useing alot games, i have more important thing from my phone like, facebook, whatsupp,instagram and runing apps,and full hebrew support thats my requirements from my phone you think this phone answer me?
anyway i bougy my i phone 5 before 5-6 months so i gonna change him only more one\two years you think until this time wp8 will be upgrade or Microsoft release Wp9?
any way the iphone keyboard are better or worst then Lumia 920 keyboard?
and which phone faster nokia lumia 920 or iphone 5?
thank you dude for the answers :)

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
no problem buddy
facebook, whatsapp is there, instagram has alot of great third party apps, plenty of other apps available too, you may want to go here to find out
Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
(btw, remember to change the region to the one you are in)

it looks like hebrew is supported, i don't know how "well" though, someone else who knows hebrew will have to answer that (but i imagine its good)
windows phone 8.1 is coming out first quarter next year, not sure if this answers your question
i like windowsphone's keyboard better, this is a preference thing so you might need to create a poll and find out (though i think most ppl will agree with me)
faster? to me they are all fast enough... so someone else will have to chime in on this one

lolmit

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
no problem buddy
facebook, whatsapp is there, instagram has alot of great third party apps, plenty of other apps available too, you may want to go here to find out
Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
(btw, remember to change the region to the one you are in)

it looks like hebrew is supported, i don't know how "well" though, someone else who knows hebrew will have to answer that (but i imagine its good)
windows phone 8.1 is coming out first quarter next year, not sure if this answers your question
i like windowsphone's keyboard better, this is a preference thing so you might need to create a poll and find out (though i think most ppl will agree with me)
faster? to me they are all fast enough... so someone else will have to chime in on this one
about instagram . the wp store have this app?
and what about run apps?
and you know what gonna be new in windows phone 8.1 version?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
about instagram . the wp store have this app?
and what about run apps?
and you know what gonna be new in windows phone 8.1 version?

instagram has third party apps, no first party, third party app as far as i know allows you to access pretty much all the same features
not sure what you mean by run apps? it runs "apps" of course, but if there is an app called run... i don't know
not 100% sure, but notification center is one thing i heard, apparently a boat load of things, i think you are better off searching within wpcentral, after all, they gave me the news lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you want to know about apps go here: Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Use the search in the top right corner to search for the apps you want or words. You don't need to know a specific name of an app.

As for 'cool' it sort of depends on your definition. Someone mentioned Live Tiles. There's integrated social networks, People Hub, Office, Skydrive and if you get a Nokia phone a lot of other free bits. Features | Windows Phone Features (United Kingdom)

As for Instagram, there's third party apps but 6tag will be the closest thing to an 'official' app we have currently and also Oggl (Nokia only) will allow you to upload to Instagram. The rest of the apps you mentioned are available.

As for WP8.1 we're looking at possible 1st quarter 2014. Could be earlier but doubt it.

It's not that hard to find all this information already on this forum. You only needed to search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa