07-29-2015 08:28 AM
63 123
tools
    Will deleting hidden WPSystem folder causes any data loss like songs deletion etc, I hope its just a data base file .db)

I my case in Lumia1520, same problem, I changed the photos saving option to Phone

still getting the same

so I guess nothing to do with the SD card
    You're right, it has nothing to do with the sd-card.

I have a question for you: did you also stored music on your phone or sd-card? Are there any duplicates in your music library?
    02-12-2014 11:54 AM
    I started getting duplicate music just last week, after I synced new songs. Since then, I also get duplicate/multiple photos in my Camera Roll folder, and most recently, multiple videos (shows that I copied to the SD card via USB cable). Seems like might have been the sync (through Win Media Player) that started the SD card problems.

I'm on an 820, Lumia Black update, saving to a PNY 32GB class 10 SD card.
    02-14-2014 10:28 AM
    I started getting duplicate music just last week, after I synced new songs. Since then, I also get duplicate/multiple photos in my Camera Roll folder, and most recently, multiple videos (shows that I copied to the SD card via USB cable). Seems like might have been the sync (through Win Media Player) that started the SD card problems.

I'm on an 820, Lumia Black update, saving to a PNY 32GB class 10 SD card.
    So I think it's quite sure that some music-files causes the duplicate-error in the photos library too.
    Have you checked if you added some new music with cover-art in it? Did you have cover-art in any music-files before also?
    02-14-2014 12:58 PM
    Ok, here is my two bobs worth... I recently also started getting the photo duplication (on 820), eventually started googeling for solutions and trying stuff myself. A new photo in the camera roll appears to duplicate itself when Nokia Camera is restarted and a new photo taken. If I take two photos in sequence only the last photo is duplicated when Nokia Camera is restarted.
    Auto backup settings make no difference. But here is the thing, the problem does not exist if I take photos with the original on-board camera, ONLY with Nokia Camera, hence the duplication issue only started when I installed Nokia Camera... so I'm thinking it maybe a Nokia problem, maybe due to the fact that the original camera app can't be deleted and there is a duplication of camera apps? People using Nokia Camera, or do you also have this problem with the on-board camera?
    02-14-2014 06:51 PM
    Yes and yes -- previously had music with album and artist art before, and the new songs did too.

But I've gotten duplicate music files before and did a full SD card copy-erase-recopy to get rid of the music duplicates and it worked, and didn't cause any photo or video duplication.

But this time around, my photos are multiplying -- like some others, it happens when I take a new picture or edit an existing one.

Could it have been caused also by updates to the camera app? I saw that Nokia Camera Beta recently updated. Or maybe Storyteller -- that had some issues in one release.

A couple of questions more -- I'm thinking of formatting the SD card using PC not my phone. What formats does WP8 support -- FAT32, exFAT, NTFS?

Last question -- since the WP Central guys are tight with Microsoft and Nokia, could you please please please bug them about this file management bug? Please? :)
    02-14-2014 07:00 PM
    Ogeer, I'm thinking along the same lines. Have you tried uninstalling Nokia Camera?

I just tried this: open Nokia Camera, and even without taking a picture, hit the back key. When I go into Camera Roll, there are duplicates already.

So Nokia Camera is very likely part of the problem. Maybe because it saves files in a buffer of sorts for the reframing or best shot functions. But it can't purely be Nokia Camera's fault because the duplicate videos showed up when I transferred them onto the phone via USB. Unless the file system has already been affected by Nokia Camera.
    Last edited by Edmond Gozo; 02-14-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: update with added information
    02-14-2014 07:02 PM
    Yes, un-installed and re-installed. Same problem. Now have defaulted back to original camera, and am not sure what I will do with the Nokia Cam? Keep for special occasions?
    02-14-2014 07:15 PM
    Did you try keeping it uninstalled for a while and see if duplicates show up at all with Nokia Cam off your system?

Yeah, too bad, Nokia Cam is (was) much better than the stock camera because of the controls and features, but I've switched back to stock camera as well.

Have you tried other imaging apps from Nokia? Just remembered that I got duplicate cinemagraphs as well. Will try Nokia Panorama and see.

Update: Okay, tried a Cinemagraph and the app immediately created two cinemagraphs in the Camera Roll. Tried Panorama, and no duplicate panorama, just one.
    Last edited by Edmond Gozo; 02-14-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: updated with additional information
    02-14-2014 07:22 PM
    I don't seem to have an issue with Panorama.
    I'll see how I go with just Camera and Nokia Camera installed but not as default, before un-installing Nokia Camera altogether.
    02-14-2014 07:33 PM
    And yes, Nokia Camera will create a duplicate of the last image taken with Nokia Camera just by re-opening the app. If the last image was taken by on-board camera it does not get duplicated by Nokia Camera.
    02-14-2014 07:38 PM
    I uninstalled Nokia Cam, and Cinemagraph is still creating duplicates. I recall both apps were recently updated, so maybe the bug was introduced there.

Will keep observing. Meanwhile, so far so good with stock cam. Hope they fix the bugs soon though, as I like the Nokia Cam app, and even Cinemagraph.
    02-14-2014 09:48 PM
    I also facing the same problem. Lumia 625 Black Update. It is so irritating. I lost many pictues i've taken. When I try to view pictures in my phone via usb in pc (used picasa picture viewer), I found many other pictures other than the picture I have saved. it is about hundreds of gif images, jpgs of kmplayer, google, chrome, softonic, some camera pics i've taken, some pics i've downloaded in phone, many other unknown pics. they are of small size and have file names of the format "vod_thumb_" or "__utm". is it a virus or worm or something?.. or problem with my pc(win8)? any solution? Hard reset the phone (restored settings from cloud) didn't solved the problem. 123.jpg
    02-23-2014 12:38 AM
    So, any news on whether the Nokia Camera app has been updated with a fix?
    02-24-2014 10:22 PM
    There's an updated Nokia Camera BETA, which I just installed, and so far, no duplicate photos showing up. Will keep this thread updated on how that goes.
    02-25-2014 07:13 PM
    I myself have started to receive duplicate pictures, although I have had the phone since december of last year it is barely now that i am starting to get duplicates.
    Not as bad as others but definetly annoying. And it is only specific pictures. I just keep deleting them. I hope Microsoft fixes this in the next 8.1 update because its pretty ridicolous.
    02-25-2014 07:31 PM
    Same Edmond. Also installed Nokia Camera Beta and no more duplicates. Link to beta app doesn't show in Store, got it via Nokia Camera beta updated with UI tweaks | WMPoweruser
    02-26-2014 02:47 AM
    This worked for me at least for now it seams...

Found a workaround for that DUPLICATION PROBLEM...
    In my case the files in MEMORY CARD were getting duplicated. Searched online for solution and only thing they said was to Reset.
    BUT...what I did was,
    Turn off my Lumia.
    Remove SD Card.
    Insert it into another phone (Non-Windows).
    You will see a folder named WPSystem on SD Card.
    Delete that folder.
    Re-insert in my Lumia.
    Wait for some time while the configuration file is re-created.
    At least for me that solved the problem.
    Cheers!!!
    anon(8657436) likes this.
    02-26-2014 04:52 AM
    Also want to add -- I just tried taking a cinemagraph, and no duplicate cinemagraphs either. Looks like in my case, Nokia Camera (not the beta) was the culprit.
    02-26-2014 05:58 AM
    I haven't gotten any duplicates on my 925, my wife on the 720 has, though. I fixed it like this:
    - took the sd card out to backup everything and format it
    - updated to Lumia Black and performed factory reset right after it (so I could use wifi to restore backup and all)
    - after reset I reinserted the card and
    - formatted it with the phone
    - left the card in the phone and copied pics, music etc. through USB cable.
    - I don't take the card out at all, all copying is performed through USB cable from now on.

No duplicates so far (since 720 black update), and I've tried all cameras (WP, Nokia, Cinemagraph, Smart...).
    I'm also using all those cameras and refocus and anything there is on my 925, and I haven't had any duplicates.
    02-26-2014 06:56 AM
    But in my case, inside 'pictures' i have a folder 'me' which contains my pics, it keeps on duplicating random photos every now and then in that. I delete one, it shows only one deleted, but after a while other goes down too :-P
    02-26-2014 07:01 AM
    Will deleting hidden WPSystem folder causes any data loss like songs deletion etc, I hope its just a data base file .db)

I my case in Lumia1520, same problem, I changed the photos saving option to Phone

still getting the same

so I guess nothing to do with the SD card
    Try to remove the cover-art of your music files, that worked for me
    02-26-2014 02:22 PM
    Removing cover art isn't a nice option :-P. Here's what i did when almost my whole music library got duplicated. I initially formatted the card, and all the obvious stuff. Got duplicates again. i realised that the phone has cached my music data somewhere (the 'others' storage) and thus it doesn't forget about it completely even when its gone (there's a way to make it forget it, there was some post on wp central about music tips on windows phone, it told how exactly to format). I instead created a new folder in sd: 'pc music', and copied my music there. It worked ! No duplicates since 3 months ! Though whenever i download new music, it goes to music folder, and i remember 2-3 times i did get duplicates of songs kept in music folder, but my pc music folder is safe ! :-)
    02-26-2014 02:43 PM
    As for photos, i had the duplicate problem in a folder called 'me', which incidently contained my outlook contact photo too. I deleted the me folder, made a new 'my pics' and copied all my pics there. Then i made a copy of the pic i wanted to use as my contact pic, and kept it just in 'pictures', no subfolder. Now, i have a duplicate of that contact pic, and no other duplicate :)
    02-26-2014 02:45 PM
    I seriously think Microsoft caches too much data, that's what occupies most of that 'other' storage. The other day, i deleted some 20 pics using a file manager. Then i opened gallery and they were still there. What's more, i could even view them !! :-o i restarted the phone and they were gone. Its all due to caching of data to smoothen your wp experience, only that it sometimes leads to nasty duplicates.
    02-26-2014 02:47 PM
    I guess those 3 answer most queries.
    02-26-2014 02:47 PM
63 123