I'm satisfied with wp8

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Among all the threads here criticizing windows phone, I thought it was time for an more positive thread.
I came from iPhone to windows phone, and for starters;
The UI is smart, simple and good looking
The device im using is the Lumia 920,
Its fast good looking and has now an even better camera (amber update)
It has everything on board I could want, and the weight doesn't affect me at all.

Wp8 has seen alot of new apps and games and I no longer miss basic apps I required, now its just the waiting when six guns will be released :D (luv you gameloft).

Free satnav with drive here +, and offline maps to save my data plan :)

MSFT and Nokia both push hard (yes also MSFT) And I'm confident 8.1 will greatly improve on what already present.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have always been very happy with my Windows Phones. HTC Dash, HTC pure, Samsung Focus and now a Nokia Lumia 920. Even my wife and daughter have Nokia Lumia 920's. I have yet to find anything that I really need that can't be done on my phone. Remote desktop, notes, games, social networking, It can do all I need. If my 17 year old daughter is happy with a WP8 device then they must be doing something right.

Masum56k

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm also fully satisfied with WP..
Never used iPhone, But I've used many Android phones..
Now I'm running top rated device Samsung Galaxy S4..

Whenever I come to compare with Android/WP os,
I found WP os is very UNIQUE..

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is hands down the best mobile OS on the market. My problems aren't with the OS, but with the way Microsoft is supporting the OS. It's evident they aren't giving it the attention of Windows 8 or the Xbox One.

Nokia has inspired a ton of loyalty in me; I'm impressed by how invested they are in this platform. At the same time I question many of their decisions. They've released a deluge of phones in the past year which just adds clutter and causes confusion. This is especially problematic given the weaker hardware and RAM limitations of the lesser phones. They also seem overly willing to engage in abusive relationships with "partners". I appreciate that they don't have the influence of Apple or Samsung and it's a struggle to get what they want with retailers and carriers. However, most major retailers don't carry their phones at all, and the carrier stores seem to be actively conspiring against Nokia and Windows Phone.

Pointing out some very really issues isn't an indication that you're unhappy. I want to see Windows Phone thrive, this is why I care.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is hands down the best mobile OS on the market. My problems aren't with the OS, but with the way Microsoft is supporting the OS. It's evident they aren't giving it the attention of Windows 8 or the Xbox One.

Nokia has inspired a ton of loyalty in me; I'm impressed by how invested they are in this platform. At the same time I question many of their decisions. They've released a deluge of phones in the past year which just adds clutter and causes confusion. This is especially problematic given the weaker hardware and RAM limitations of the lesser phones. They also seem overly willing to engage in abusive relationships with "partners". I appreciate that they don't have the influence of Apple or Samsung and it's a struggle to get what they want with retailers and carriers. However, most major retailers don't carry their phones at all, and the carrier stores seem to be actively conspiring against Nokia and Windows Phone.

Pointing out some very really issues isn't an indication that you're unhappy. I want to see Windows Phone thrive, this is why I care.

Yes i do agree that i find all of the releases confusing (mainly because of the name)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Love my Windows Phone. I get things done, quickly. Everything works.

Android is a horrible OS. All the bells and whistles distract you from doing anything meaningful..... or quickly...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Satisfied as well. Just missing a few things.
Consumer side:
(1) Notification Center
(2) Custom notification sounds

Enterprise Side
(1) S/MIME support
(2) Some type of built-in Blackberry Balance option for BYOD.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have both the Verizon Nokia 822 and the Verizon Nokia 928.

I did a head to head comparison yesterday with my daughters i4. Nokia touts how fast the 928 can take a picture from "black screen/sleep mode" by just pressing the shutter button. My daughter can take a picture faster with her i4 by pressing the Home button on the front of her phone -- then swiping up the camera icon on the lock screen. Also, the colors are more accurate on the i4, with both cameras in default mode, versus the 928. We compared pictures taken in a room with incandescent lighting and outdoors in sunlight. I had to place the 928 in florescent mode to get close to the i4 but the photos still were not better. Also, the built in speakers in the i4 sound better versus the 928. We also compared the texting screens and I would say the phones tied as far as look and ease of use. I had two different Android phones before the two Windows phones I currently own and I can definitely say the Windows operating system is more stable versus Android but I understand that the iPhone has a very stable operating system (maybe more stable versus Windows). I think if I had to purchase a new phone today I would go with iPhone. Just my two cents.

Kind regards,
yeto

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have both the Verizon Nokia 822 and the Verizon Nokia 928.

I did a head to head comparison yesterday with my daughters i4. Nokia touts how fast the 928 can take a picture from "black screen/sleep mode" by just pressing the shutter button. My daughter can take a picture faster with her i4 by pressing the Home button on the front of her phone -- then swiping up the camera icon on the lock screen. Also, the colors are more accurate on the i4, with both cameras in default mode, versus the 928. We compared pictures taken in a room with incandescent lighting and outdoors in sunlight. I had to place the 928 in florescent mode to get close to the i4 but the photos still were not better. Also, the built in speakers in the i4 sound better versus the 928. We also compared the texting screens and I would say the phones tied as far as look and ease of use. I had two different Android phones before the two Windows phones I currently own and I can definitely say the Windows operating system is more stable versus Android but I understand that the iPhone has a very stable operating system (maybe more stable versus Windows). I think if I had to purchase a new phone today I would go with iPhone. Just my two cents.

Kind regards,
yeto
i had An i4, my 920 (your camera is a bit better then mine) blows it out of the water

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
In what way does the 920 camera beat the i4's camera? The color accuracy is better on the i4. I wish this was not true because I have the 822 and 928 but the i4 in that regard is better.

yeto

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
In what way does the 920 camera beat the i4's camera? The color accuracy is better on the i4. I wish this was not true because I have the 822 and 928 but the i4 in that regard is better.

yeto

have you compared both pics on a computer ? Maybe nokias display doesn't make the picture justice

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my WP8 HTC 8X. It's my first smart phone and I'm learning what it can do, and how to make it do it. For about a half a day, I thought I'd made a terrible mistake; nothing seemed to make sense. Then.... it just clicked and it feels like I've known how to use this phone forever. Not bad. Not bad at all.

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my WP8 HTC 8X. It's my first smart phone and I'm learning what it can do, and how to make it do it. For about a half a day, I thought I'd made a terrible mistake; nothing seemed to make sense. Then.... it just clicked and it feels like I've known how to use this phone forever. Not bad. Not bad at all.

how long did you own it now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon