AMBER/GDR2 update did not solve duplicates !!

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok Guys,

I can confirm after 3 weeks using Amber update on Lumia 820. The GDR2 did not solve duplicates.. The problem appeared again just recently - yesterday. Anything works well until I copied new song by copy+paste method. Formatting and synchronizing by WMP 12 does not help. How many times I synchronize so much I get new copies.. I think the only solution is AGAIN hard reset..

Is there anyone who can also confirm it ?

Greetings,
Jan.

DMSheppard

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi CageJ,

I had the same problem with my music on the microsd...sometimes 10 copies of each song but the amber update seems to have solved my problem. I have manually flashed the device since Amber is not available yet for me.
I haven't put any new music on the phone since i updated though....never removed the microsd before nor after update....dunno.
I'll check if it happens when i put new music on it and let you know.

Cheers
Dorian

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
RESULT => not solved
It does not matter if on SD card or in the internal memory. The bug is no fixed. Probably the only solution is to use synchronization.

Aravind Sreeram

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have same problem on my lumia 620 after amber update ,please tell me how to resolve this problem ,i formatted my memory card and phone too...really Microsoft sucks at this...

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys using both the Nokia Mixradio and Music + Video app to play songs?

Basically I just use Nokia Mixradio and I've never encountered duplicates. I don't sync my songs through any desktop computer apps but I drag them over into my phone. I have done this numerous times since I hard reset after each update (Lumia Amber to GDR3, back to stock on Lumia Amber and to the official Lumia Black).

Could it be that they are not duplicate songs but playlists instead?

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
No. I don't use MixRadio. Heck, I even uninstalled it! Still no fix! My friends with the android counterparts are smirking at me :/ Oh I really love my Lumia but I do hate to see many copies of the same picture >:-(

DMSheppard

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the problem anymore since Amber...even tried renaming but still no duplicates were created.

I guess I'm just lucky...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786