No double tap to wake on 620 and 720

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Very much disappointed. Did they at least give a reason as to why the features will not be there and if third party apps can make the feature available?

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Very much disappointed. Did they at least give a reason as to why the features will not be there and if third party apps can make the feature available?

No. They probably wanted to extend the list of differences between the 720 and 820.

That WMPoweruser "news" is false information, as usual.

They actually have a reliable source : Nokia

Last edited:

Nightwishh

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Extremely disappointed as a 720 user. I really don't care about that feature, but Nokia can't say in this case that's a missing hardware issue, it's just simple: they don't want to bring this to the 520, 620, 720. I just feel somehow betrayed :). I really do. I'm sorry, but as much as I love my phone, the next one won't be a Nokia.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 520 AT&T GoPhone has double tap to wake as shown in video below. I'll wait and see, Lumia 720 user here and love the device, really want double tap do wake. BTW, I love the curved glass in this device, makes it feels premium and nice to touch.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
That source contains a post from a Nokia Community manager who says double tap is not available for the 520, though it is on my Mom's 520.

Guess I shouldn't have described the source reliable then. I seriously would like those features on my 620. But the enormous list of complaints on WPCentral that the 620 lacks double tap to wake made me believe that the source information is true. So, until I get the update, I'll just wait.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
so the Lumia 720 got tap to wake or no? :| in the f?rum Nokia the admis not say nothing :| that makes me think buy the 720 or the 820 they have all features....

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
OMG can people just be patient... You will know when the update arrives on your phone

Last edited:

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If this is true, nokia would have released this information along with the info that Lumia 620 wont have FM and 520 wont have Glance or at least before they started distributing the Update because as of my knowledge, they would have tested update on all devices before the distribution started and would have released this information before it as now the update is just waiting for approval and not under testing, so this info may be wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb