Save numbers to Exchange instead of Hotmail

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys!

I have been using my Lumia 925 for almost two weeks now and is overall fairly happy with it. I do find the hardware to be better than the software though. Not that WP8 is bad, it just doesn't always seem as thought out as I had expected from a OS that has had so much money and effort put into it.

Anyways, I have a small question I hope you can help me with. I just discovered that if I want to add a phonenumber, from which i received a call or text message, to an existing contact, It will be saved to my Hotmail account, which I never use for anything besides being med Windows Account. Can I change the default setting so new contacts/numbers will be added to my Exchange instead? Or do I have to copy the number every time and create a new contact on my Exchange manually?

Hope you can help me out! Thanks!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
When you save the number it will ask you what account you want to save it to - Hotmail or Exchange. That's when you tap your Exchange account.

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer!

Perhaps I wasn't clear on this, the problem is only when I save to an existing contact from Facebook. If I create a new contact it asks me where to save it, but when adding to an existing contact, it goes directly to ask me what kind of number it is (Home, Work, mobile, etc.. ). Should it not behave like this?

Also, I just noticed something. When I open up my Exchange contacts in Outlook, one of the contacts I just created manually and linked to their facebook account's profile Picture has just been added from facebook to the Exchange contact. That's actually pretty smart, but can I do this for all linked contacts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon