GDR2 / Amber update causes Wi-Fi disconnecting

balabiot

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model: LUMIA 925. Since an update two days ago, the same problem appeared on LUMIA 720.
- Carrier: MOVISTAR Spain (for 925), free for 720.
- If you have the GDR2 / Amber update: yes for both devices.
- If you have this problem: yes for both devices
- If you do have the problem then if you have found any solutions. No solution. All the tips on this thread has been checked besides re-configuring the router. Nothing helped so far.
Additional info: it seems that keeping the phone connected to the battery charger will not drop the connection...

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have wifi issues on my 920 orange romania but I do have serious cell signal fluctuation or weak signal when on 3G. On edge nothing happens. All of these plus the camera bug everyone noticed after Amber update. I am starting to believe that Nokia blew things up again.

Nicholas Lin

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if my problem is the same as you guys. My wifi always shows connected but I can't pull any data from the network. It was working fine yesterday. My other devices have no problems with my home wifi.

OscarMaDi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
- Your device name/model: Nokia lumia 820 and 720
- Carrier: Unlocked phones running on "Movistar Espa?a" and "orange" data plan.
- I have the GDR2 / Amber update
- I have exactly this problem
- The only annoying and temporal solution is, as estated above, turn off and on the wifi toggle on the phone.

PS: After de GDR3 preview I've faced the issue just temporaly, while on GDR2-Amber it was permanent (Block the screen = no wifi, coming home (from cell data) = no wifi), now it's just on random ocasions.

Tayfunilbakan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model: Nokia Lumia 720
- Carrier: Bought from a Nokia Store in Malaysia (Living in Turkey)
- I have the GDR2 / Amber update
- The only annoying and temporal solution is, as estated above, turn off and on the wifi toggle on the phone.

I've also downloaded developer's thing for trying that if gdr3 is solved that problem but not a chance. Still have the same problem. I can't send it to warranty service, it's not possible because Malaysia's warranty is not available in Turkey. I don't know what to do. Nokia or Microsoft should fix this problem immidiately!!:crying:

KonaGuy

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model:Nokia Lumia 822 (two of them)
- Carrier:Verizon
- If you have the GDR2 / Amber update:Yes, and I also experienced this problem with GDR1
- If you have this problem:Yes. I have the app Net Check, and it shows no connectivity (neither wifi nor cell) when this issue manifests. Cycling the wifi setting restores my connection.

I also sometimes lose connectivity with my cell data connection, and I can restore it by cycling my cell data connection off/on.

I don't know if this matters, but I don't broadcast my SSID. Anybody else have this in common?

Martin Adam

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model: Nokia Lumia 620
- Carrier: T-mobile (Slovakia)
- GDR2 / Amber update: YES

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I am facing the same issue as stated by Jiggernauts and I have one more point to add.

I have 6 devices that use the Wifi network at home including 2 Nokia Lumia 520s. One is a GDR1 upgraded to GDR2 which is having the problem and the other one is factory GDR2 (with no issues). I have noticed that I get the Wifi disconnect issue only when one of the other devices joins OR leaves the network. When status quo is maintained, I do not get any wifi disconnect issues.

I have tried all the recommendations but to no avail.

Regards,
Amar

cortex47

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model: Nokia Lumia 925
- Carrier: Avea (Turkey)
- If you have the GDR2 / Amber update: Yes.
- If you have this problem: I do, yes. Only thing I could do is switch off and on the Wi-Fi.

Andd

May 14, 2013
Visit site
- Your device name/model : Lumia 520
- Carrier : Unlocked
- If you have the GDR2 / Amber update : Yes, Amber Update
- If you have this problem : Yes. I have to turn wifi off and then on in order to wifi work properly

Piotr Wiru

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Same problem, only switch off and on the wifi helps.
HTC 8S
Carrier: TMobile Poland (my mobile is not branded)
I had this issue on GRD2; now I've GDR3 (Preview for Developers - 8.0.10512.142) and yesterday I've downloaded 2 updates frmo HTC called "HTC Update For Windows Phone" - problem still occurs.
For over 2 months MS did nothing to resolve this issue, I can't get why. It looks like Windows Phone team is about 1 developer and 1 tester....
I can't get why MS still haven't fixed this isse... This is a MAJOR bug, it's not only Nokia problem. It makes my smartphone useless. It can cause several problems for me as I won't receive an inportant email from my boss or sth.
Workarounds like removing saved wifi networks works only for few hours but doesn't fix the problem.

I was a big fan of Windows Phone Platform; I've developed several applications for it but now, as I see how it develops and how long do we have to wait for simple bigfixes and features I'm considering moving to Android.

cortex47

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I found a fix:

So far I've had the screen time out and be off for up to 10 hours without the issue returning.

What I did:

1st - Deleted all network connections in Settings > Wi-Fi > Advance > Known Network

2nd - Logged into my router settings from my PC and changed my wireless "security options" on my Netgear N600 WNDR3700v2 Router from:

"WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]" to "WPA2-PSK [AES]"

(Also changed the password but not the SSID)

3rd - Reconnected my phone to the "new" network.

Since these 3 changes I have not seen the issue come back...

I wish I didn't do all 3 at the same time so I could rule out if step 2 & 3 or just 3 are useless but that's besides the point.

Hopefully this will be helpful to you also!!

Has anyone tried this? I just did and waiting to see if it works or not.

cortex47

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I found a fix:

So far I've had the screen time out and be off for up to 10 hours without the issue returning.

What I did:

1st - Deleted all network connections in Settings > Wi-Fi > Advance > Known Network

2nd - Logged into my router settings from my PC and changed my wireless "security options" on my Netgear N600 WNDR3700v2 Router from:

I wish I didn't do all 3 at the same time so I could rule out if step 2 & 3 or just 3 are useless but that's besides the point.

Hopefully this will be helpful to you also!!

well, it didn't work.

Kon Bick

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have this bug until using an other router...now I can't even access the "settings" anymore, once the phone was in standby and I try to reconnect to the network...this is truly ridiculous... :(

joetabhistory

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
"I found a fix:

What I did:

I wish I didn't do all 3 at the same time so I could rule out if step 2 & 3 or just 3 are useless but that's besides the point."

Hi,

I would like to try this fix, but I am concerned it will mess up the connections I have for my laptop, wireless blueray for Netflix, tablets, etc... Going to be an issue? When I went out last night, I connected to a different wifi network, outside my home, and I did not have any problem. Only happening in my house after finally installing the update.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa