Create Folders On Your Home Screen Easily on Your Lumia Phone.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

How many of you know that we can create actual folders on our lumia devices?? Well its officially not declared yet and they are still working on this i guess, but i found this trick yesterday and got this application to create folders on my Lumia 820. This app is from samsung But i will tell you how to install it on your lumia device. please follow the instructions bellow.

The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see "App Folder" application - Download it and enjoy :D check screenshots.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130826_0026.png
    wp_ss_20130826_0026.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 40
  • wp_ss_20130826_0027.png
    wp_ss_20130826_0027.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 33
  • wp_ss_20130826_0028[1].png
    wp_ss_20130826_0028[1].png
    61.5 KB · Views: 30
  • wp_ss_20130826_0025.png
    wp_ss_20130826_0025.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 795
Last edited:

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I just made one tile (Folder pinned to Start screen) which contains all 22 of the photo apps listed in the long string of apps on my app list. Now to make folders for music, gps, and utility apps. Just like iPhone has been able to do for years now. I think another potentially good screen folder app would contain switches for turning on and off the cellular, wi fi, and Bluetooth radios. I suspect that the Airplane switch is seldom enough used, even for frequent fliers, and sorts at the top so a folder holding it isn't required. Perhaps a folder for games, videos, and new apps. The Games app in the list of apps is already a folder as it is. Music+Videos is a folder of your music, videos, and a portal for buying more music. I think I will make a folder pinned to the start screen for the few videos I already have and use.

If, as I believe, and have stated elsewhere herein, the cell phone is really a pocket computer with a phone app attached, then this device should exhibit more of the computer benefits and less of the "only apps invented here philosophy" of most smart phones. Computers are our tools and should be customizable to suit our needs, if at all possible.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Very nice, but manga camera is the only one that installs for me. The other Samsung apps all say my device is unsupported. I'm sure I could make it work with fiddler, but I was hoping for this easier method. Lumia 928 on Amber.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Very nice, but manga camera is the only one that installs for me. The other Samsung apps all say my device is unsupported. I'm sure I could make it work with fiddler, but I was hoping for this easier method. Lumia 928 on Amber.

Bro,

If you go back to mangacam app one more time it would say its not supported :D. So best way is keep on switching between all these apps and and the download button will be visible. That's the trick and thats how it worked for me :D i was able to install almost all apps from samsung and HTC. Best one i liked from samsung is video and photo editor with NIce lences.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I just made one tile (Folder pinned to Start screen) which contains all 22 of the photo apps listed in the long string of apps on my app list. Now to make folders for music, gps, and utility apps. Just like iPhone has been able to do for years now. I think another potentially good screen folder app would contain switches for turning on and off the cellular, wi fi, and Bluetooth radios. I suspect that the Airplane switch is seldom enough used, even for frequent fliers, and sorts at the top so a folder holding it isn't required. Perhaps a folder for games, videos, and new apps. The Games app in the list of apps is already a folder as it is. Music+Videos is a folder of your music, videos, and a portal for buying more music. I think I will make a folder pinned to the start screen for the few videos I already have and use.

If, as I believe, and have stated elsewhere herein, the cell phone is really a pocket computer with a phone app attached, then this device should exhibit more of the computer benefits and less of the "only apps invented here philosophy" of most smart phones. Computers are our tools and should be customizable to suit our needs, if at all possible.

Bro,
I am sure , like samsung, nokia might be working on similar application too. you might have noticed the folder app is from samsung not from Nokia, And the thing is Samsung itself has not rolled out this app fro samsung users. i cheked on my old samsung focus. So lets cross our fingers for nokia to come up with similar application with much much better options :devil:

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Nice concept from samsung.. But opening apps inside the folder is kind of slow and icons have low resolution. Maybe optimized for samsung only..

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Leave Nokia and Samsung. Microsoft should work on this, I mean windows explorer has had folders since before I was born. They should have tile based folders which should be awesome.

I wish they would do that too, in addition to all the things I wish in WP as it is.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I already tried this last week but the app is slow and sometimes it crashes. I use this for my wifi/3g/BT tile then I replace it with Battery Pro+ which also has shortcut for connections.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I already tried this last week but the app is slow and sometimes it crashes. I use this for my wifi/3g/BT tile then I replace it with Battery Pro+ which also has shortcut for connections.

It may be an issue with the device bro. Try Hard reset on your phone (Not from settings). then try installig these apps. it sud work.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice find!

But this is another example of the folly of what a lot of WP users use as a bragging point:

"With WP you don't need apps to do stuff; it's all built in to the OS!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb