Bing update: no more local

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I did a Bing search for a local restaurant and the business results now show up in the web results with links to call or drive to the restaurant. The local tab has been removed. I really like the change as before you had to swipe over to local/then click on the business than select the phone number or drive to.

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this the other day as well and it was kind of frustrating since I tend to use it a lot. Also i have noticed that the photos either do not fully render or are incredibly slow to do so and that swiping from each category is slow. hopefully they revert it back to its original state

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this the other day as well and it was kind of frustrating since I tend to use it a lot. Also i have noticed that the photos either do not fully render or are incredibly slow to do so and that swiping from each category is slow. hopefully they revert it back to its original state

I was having an issue where search suggestions were really slow. I went to Settings > Internet Explorer > Delete browsing history. This made searches much more snappy in IE and Bing app.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a better feature to beable to call or drive within the app. Before you had to click on the business than click on the what you wanted to do.

wp_ss_20130826_0003.jpg

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My local tab is gone, and I'm not getting local results in the web section like they claimed. Example, if I type in Burger King, I get the main Web site as the first listing, then news about BK. There is no local listings to select addresses for driving directions or phone numbers. Anyone else having this problem?

palee87

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My local tab is gone, and I'm not getting local results in the web section like they claimed. Example, if I type in Burger King, I get the main Web site as the first listing, then news about BK. There is no local listings to select addresses for driving directions or phone numbers. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes! I too have this problem and we aren't alone apparently. Actually, you can somewhat get around this (for the time being hopefully) by turning off location in the setting (not the search location setting). Yes, that's right...turning OFF location and then searching again. Then you'll see the local listings like you see in the screenshot from the previous post. It's so weird. It's almost working backwards. I hope Microsoft fixes this soon. Does anyone know how I can provide such feedback?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I too have this problem and we aren't alone apparently. Actually, you can somewhat get around this (for the time being hopefully) by turning off location in the setting (not the search location setting). Yes, that's right...turning OFF location and then searching again. Then you'll see the local listings like you see in the screenshot from the previous post. It's so weird. It's almost working backwards. I hope Microsoft fixes this soon. Does anyone know how I can provide such feedback?

Jesus Christ. You're right. Who the F' beta tests these things Microsoft? I could have told you in the first two seconds that your Bing local update is broken. Wtf???

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I hate it. I want local back! What are our options for feedback? I don't think twitter would do much. Is there a website we can use?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What the hell. Like i said, his work around brings back Local, but small problem -- I LIVE IN DETROIT.... NOT F'N LONDON!!! I've already waited a year for them to fix Xbox Music and Xbox Video...now I'm suppose to wait how long for a fix for this? I was told you would be getting us tons of updates due to your ability to now by pass carriers??? Where is any of this crap??? This is getting ridiculous. What a colossal mess. Bring back Zune...give us our monthly updates that over ride carriers like you promised...AND DO IT NOW!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
What the hell. Like i said, his work around brings back Local, but small problem -- I LIVE IN DETROIT.... NOT F'N LONDON!!! I've already waited a year for them to fix Xbox Music and Xbox Video...now I'm suppose to wait how long for a fix for this? I was told you would be getting us tons of updates due to your ability to now by pass carriers??? Where is any of this crap??? This is getting ridiculous. What a colossal mess. Bring back Zune...give us our monthly updates that over ride carriers like you promised...AND DO IT NOW!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

Well that escalated quickly.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have to make any adjustments. My results show up in web. A couple of searches I had to scroll down and they were there

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99