The Stuffs U Didn't Know In Windows Phone 8

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey !! You have an awesome list and i can easily tell that you are no newbie to wp8. Thanks for that and keep sharing more info :)

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey gab1972 !! You have an awesome list and i can easily tell that you are no newbie to wp8. Thanks for that and keep sharing more info :)

itsmemuffins

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Turn on voice assistance. When you receive a text, it will tell you who it's from, then ask if you want it read to you. You can then use your voice to answer it. I've carried on entire txt conversations in the car, while driving, without ever taking the phone out of my pocket (bluetooth radio)

This confuses me. It can tell you who is texting but it can't tell you who is calling. Instead it reads out the phone number, even if they are in your phone book.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This confuses me. It can tell you who is texting but it can't tell you who is calling. Instead it reads out the phone number, even if they are in your phone book.

that's because when you get a text, your phone just plays it out loud as if it was just regular audio through Bluetooth. when you get a phone call your car intercepts and starts talking to you through your cars built in system rather than asking the phone to do the talking.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
U can go to app directly via store by tapping the in collection button under the app's name.

In onenote we can go to the bottom of the page directly by tapping the blank space above the first line of note.

When songs are playing in phone and you go to the Xbox games, you can see your avatar dancing.

You can search the app by tapping the search button in app list which will show you the app if you have it downloaded or will give you the option to search that particular app in store in case the app is not on your phone.

You can angry your avatar if you shake your phone and your avatar will break your screen virtually for a second.

In tapatalk, if u click on page no. at the bottom of thread, you will get the range of pages to choose from. (Applicable only on tapatalk app for WP8).

If anyone clicks on the name of song in the updown bar which comes when pressing the volume button, it will take you directly in the app.

One can fast forward the song by holding on next button in music player.

Avatar falls if you slightly shake your phone.

Anyone can pin any folders in mail to start screen like sent items etc.

Anyone can check the past communication by swiping when you go to the contact details in people hub and if you tap on the more button it will give you the range of months to choose from.

That's it from me. I will be back with some more if i find. You read it here first.

Feel free to ask questions.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) Great app: Lockmix allows you to customize your lock screen with using various apps using various tile info (I use chromos calendar to show my schedule, weather for week, time&date, photo rotations ).
2) Nokia Camera can replace Nokia Camera Pro, and can now be used as the default camera (photos, ... settings, Pressing the camera button opens: Choose Nokia Camera). Also worth downloading this app for location photo mapping: GeoPhoto
3) You can make direct voice calls from lockscreen by pressing down windows symbol key. Make sure its activated from settings first.
4) Car Starter cool app for drivers.
5) WP8 has less to no adverts compared to same apps on Android devices.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
When you swipe to your app list and than press the search button (up on the left) you can search for an app and than press "search in store" *mindblown*

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When screen is locked i used to press power button ,swipe up and then press the camera button to take a picture. I don't do it anymore, simply press and hold the camera button to open the default camera app.

This has been present since the birth of WP. It is a unique feature that no other OS does. Well, used to do. The OS' are evolving so rapidly and everyone copying each other, there may be another OS doing this now. I only use WP8 so I don't know about any new features the other OS' are capable of.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Have a long list of songs or apps? Tap the letter block (I.e. the square with 'P' on it) and jump through long lists!! This also works with any app that uses the letter blocks

If you find your phone's battery life isn't all that great, go to settings > system and then background tasks. Deselect any apps you don't want running in the background :p

Hold down the full-stop button on the keyboard and get additional punctuation!! Similarly this works on a bunch of other keys (e.g. holding down 0 gives you the degrees sign and holding down 1 gives you fractions)

Holding down the numbers key and sliding your finger to the desired punctuation/number inputs the character and returns you to the main keyboard.

Have a preferred Camera app? You can set which Camera app you want to be launched when you hold down the camera button - just go to settings and then photos+camera and scroll down to default Camera app

Can't find a menu or setting? Everything in WP is achieved by the three dot menu (usually bottom right corner) or by tapping and holding on an item.

Pin small-sized tiles of your frequently used contacts to Start for quick access

Album and artist art not showing properly in music+videos? Use MPATool from the Windows Store

On the now playing screen for music+videos, swipe across on the album art to change tracks

To instantly switch your ringer volume from on to silent, press the volume button once and tap on the bell icon in the volume HUD. This also works in reverse

Use Data Sense to keep track of your data usage and see which apps are hogging the most data on WiFi and cellular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon