Spotify in WP8

vinceklein

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I rely heavily on Spotify for my music needs. I am currently on an HTC one and iPad3.
Spotify is pretty flawless on both systems.

Now, the last time I was on WP8 was in May. Back then, Spotify was a horrible mess that did not deliver on its core functions: audio playback.
Constant stuttering and crashes bugged the **** out of me.
I have looked at windowsphone.com an Spotify has been updated in the meantime. Once.

From the reviews it is clear that featurewise it's still far behind iOS and Android and 6 weeks have passed w/o an update.
I am wondering though: Is core functionality there these days i.e audio playback of streaming and offline playlists w/o stuttering and crashes?

Thanks a lot, Vince.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no radio and it is somewhat functionnally limited but the app looks great and seems to work equally great. No stuttering of any kind, playlists sync works as expected.

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The last time I used Spotify on WP8(now on a Nexus 4) was a few months back. To be quite blunt, the Spotify app was pretty awful. Inconsistent playing, app crashing, bluetooth issues, and others.
Don't know if its gotten any better...

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Spotify since i got my 520 and its been fine for me. I have gone through the latest update also.

Offline playlists are good, no stuttering, freezing or sync issues.

It is basic in comparison to say the Spotify app on the iphone but it works well and has good functionality regardless.

Tbh..my favourite music app on wp is deezer, it is imense!! Once my premium Spotify is up i might switch to deezer.

paavoris

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's usable. Playlist sync ok, songs get downloaded for offline use ok.

Sometimes it just stops playing for no obvious reason. Easy fix: just start your music again from the phone.

No other big complaints. Of course it could have more features, but at least basic functionality is there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos