Who wants the Round edge tiles? [answer found. Its not needed anymore]

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Decision Made.. No One wants this.. Even I dont want this anymore.. :D

sciant_tommyinc_finland1.jpg

I just like this old concept UI. the rounded edge Tiles look better on the wallpapered background.
Who else wants this?

Last edited:

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who wants the Round edge tiles?

hell no! No round corners and no chrome! I love the way our os looks and it should stay that way!

Manel Fera

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Reminds me of my 'old' symbian nokia 5800! Is this a mashup between latest symbian and windows phone lock screen?
This concept was nice but in no way for current windows phone smartphones!

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

ya.. still its better than the existing piece of Display ;P

It's not better at all, it's far worse.

Most people switched to WP because they wanted something different, and this looks very similar to Android; kinda a mixture of Symbian and Sense 5, actually.

If every OS looked the same things would be a bore. WP is fresh, exciting and light, and that's the way it should stay. If having wallpapers on your phone, which the tiles cover up most of anyway, is that important to you then maybe WP isn't for you.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site

What have you been smoking? Absolutely no, do you wanna kill the Metro interface? No, I'm against it.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 41568

I just like this old concept UI. the rounded edge Tiles look better on the wallpapered background.
Who else wants this?
58321-Louis-CK-nope-gif-uvTq.gif

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

That wouldn't be Windows Phone. It's completely missing the point.
Also, I never cared much for these mock-up UIs people in the web keep putting out. It's a waste of everybody's time.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Yuck.

The entire point of the Metro interface is that it conveys important info while remaining elegant and retaining a minimalistic design.
That UI concept is a hideous cluttered mess and reminds me of a Droid homescreen. That is to say, not pretty. WP8 is sleek and sexy. Droid is not(but can be).
And that homescreen (far right) looks just like iOS or Jolla! Why would you want WP to look exactly like other OSes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte