Lock to "3G only" mode in Indian ROMS

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: No "3G only" option in Indian GDR2/Amber! 😞

Oh,issit? U mean to say Europe rom has 3G only option?
Not highest speed. That's there in Indian rom too. Even though i set 3G,it automatically switches back to 2G as 3G signals r weak in my place. My android phone before had three opions viz, 2G, 3G and 2G/3G.
I want that second one 3G only. Is there such an option in Europe roms, if so im gonna flash that.
Pls confirm

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Highest speed set to 3g.. But need to stand near windows to get 3g.. Really a WINDOWS phone. 😝

Kunu_2004

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Even i m facing the same issue, really need ONLY 3G option to keep my phone hooked to 3G or else its always on 2G. Even standing on the window for me works but only for few minutes before it changes back to 2G

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for me also BSNL and NL 620.
Solved: Downgraded Amber and GDR2 Update to older version with the help of Nokia Software Updater 4.1.0
Now field test works and selecting 4G in field test gives signal (earlier only 3G)

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Solved: Downgraded Amber and GDR2 Update to older version with the help of Nokia Software Updater 4.1.0
Now field test works and selecting 4G in field test gives signal (earlier only 3G)
u shud have used nokia software downgrader instead... Lol
I dont wanna miss the glance screen n double tap to wake.otherwise i would have also downgraded. When will MS n nokia hear us.. Bought my l820 for ₹25k and I cant use 3G, one of the basic functions of a smart phone... Pity Nokia...

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
After downgrading NL 620 apply ##3282 and select 3G only and then check for updates and update to Amber(After that never select 2G in mobile network settings)
My problem solved....

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

After downgrade ur gdr2 and amber to old version. Do u ve to install updated system application such as access point, Extra+info etc.

I have also downgrade same as u in my NL520 and tried to switch between 2g and 3G without installing updated system application but it is not working. Then I go to setting>phone uptake>and again installed the amber software, hoping that the problem will be solve but its not. Now I again want to downgrade with the help of NSU 4.1.0.

But plz tell how u downgrade. I just select the option "my phone not reboot" in NSU 4.1.0. Am I following the right method or you did in another way. Plz tell me.

Navin nl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
After downgrade ur gdr2 and amber to old version. Do u ve to install updated system application such as access point, Extra+info etc.

I have also downgrade same as u in my NL520 and tried to switch between 2g and 3G without installing updated system application but it is not working. Then I go to setting>phone uptake>and again installed the amber software, hoping that the problem will be solve but its not. Now I again want to downgrade with the help of NSU 4.1.0.

But plz tell how u downgrade. I just select the option "my phone not reboot" in NSU 4.1.0. Am I following the right method or you did in another way. Plz tell me.

Hello just connect ur pc to Internet and open NSU and click "my device doesn't..." and connect ur device and it shows an older version(my case shows 1030.6407.1308.0002 Not amber) Download it and install it (all data will be erased) Then sign up with ur MS account and try ##3282 press call or ##3282# and select 3G only(Field test) Then connect ur phone to wifi "check for updates " gives gdr2 and amber, then update nokia system apps.
1. Do it at ur on risk.
2. If NSU shows 3046.0000.1329.20xx version then you cannot solve it by above method (It will be useless)
3. After field test donot change 3G to 2G.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nokia developers please listen to this thread. Nokia Lumia is useless in India without a stable 3G. I can use my Samsung galaxy without any trouble, locked to 3G.
The basic function of a smartphone is neglected.

wpinfected

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
4G is already been Launched in Bangalore how can I set my connection speed to 4G even I don't see that option on my NL925! Will that option come along with 8.1 release?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12