How do you remove an autocomplete email address?

tmpusr889

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
After you enter any email address in the compose window, that email address is stored even if it is not tied to any of your contacts. How do you delete an email from wherever it stores the autocomplete database so it does not show up when you start to type a similar address?

There are plenty of times I email people that I never want to email again and I don't need those addresses clogging up my autocomplete list. Even worse is that if you type an address in wrong, it stores it forever and you can't delete it.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably won't work, but... Settings -> keyboard -> advanced -> "reset suggestions" MIGHT remove them, but I don't know that it will for a fact AND it will remove all the words you may have added to the suggestion list.

bjcascone

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a little extreme, but has anyone tried a hard reset? reset phone to factory settings. I think that it is saved in the phone somewhere. If you have all of your stuff backed up, it should not be that tough to get back to where you are. I am considering trying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos