Dilemma! Which phone to get?

dammy99

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey Windows family.

I am making this post today to express the decisions i am currently contemplating concerning windows in general. For a while i was a serious blackberry ******, i had owned a blackberry bold 9790, and a curve 9300 and i also have a blackberry playbook, i was extremely invested in the blackberry eco-system, but needless to say blackberry OS7 was a terrible end user experience even though it had good points, the bad points over weighed it substantially, and by the time blackberry 10 arrived the brand name had left a nasty taste in my mouth and had prevented me from upgrading (although i hear the operating system is splendid). So i got tired and switched to an iphone (you know the phone that everyone has?), while i enjoy my iphone i found myself longing for more than just a grid of icons, which is when a bumped in to a windows 8 laptop at a local retailer i fell in love with the interactive, dynamic (seemingly watching you) live tiles!!! That month i purchased a nice touch-screen Acer Windows 8 laptop (R.I.P my trusty Macbook air), i grow more in love with Windows 8 everyday the OS is just beautiful. It just so happens that same week my uncle surprised me with a brand new 250GB xbox 360, to my surprise the xbox also made use of those magical live tiles i have previously mentioned, i was in heaven. But i thought to myself i have two of Microsoft's most iconic products in my possession can they talk to each other? Then i thought hold on i am missing one piece to the puzzle. A Windows Phone. How cool would it be to have those magical live tiles on my smartphone!!!! So its like this, i have windows 8 i have an xbox 360, and i plan to sell my iphone to purchase a windows phone, once i have al three what can i do?? is there some ultra, mega, super, mind blowng secret features i can do with all three of them, can they at least talk to each other, because my blackbery could talk to my playbook and remote control it i need answers!! if someone could make a list of features i will love you. Now for my decision, which widows phone do i get? i am currently contemplating between, a Nokia lumia 920, a Samsung ativ S or a HTC 8x. I want the 8x because of its absolutely beautiful design seriously one of the best phone designs of 2012. I want the Ativ S because of its large crisp screen, seriously super amoled colours rule!!!! and i want the Lumia well because it comes in Super Sayian yellow why else??? please tell me which ones you guys prefer and what i should get, i await you replies.

Peace.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The integration isn't quite up to what the Playbook had. The main integration is through XBOX SmartGlass, the Games tile (with XBOX Live connection and avatar support) and through Skydrive. Though I do expect things to keep improving as time goes on. It's been getting better and better.

As for phones, I go for Nokia. They are the most committed to WP, so they have the largest library of exclusive apps. OIS camera on the 920 is pretty nifty too.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone! I think all 3 are very nice phones. I'm an early Nokia 900 adopter and still love it! I'm glad you can see and experience the beauty, and simplicity, of WP. I've owned an iPhone (boring os) and Android (constantly having to tweet things, loss of settings after updates) and I can say that WP is simply the best. Now for the phone.. Don't discount Nokia. Ignore what you may here or read about their demise. They are here to stay and make, in my opinion, the best phones out there. Very high quality look and feel. Also, the exclusive Nokia Apps are brilliant. I won't even consider another brand because of them. I won't go into detail about them. You can find lots about them. Just know that they are great. Whatever you decide, im sure you wont regret coming over to the Windows Phone siDe. Welcome!

dammy99

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for the help i was hoping for more integration but i guess that's just growing pains of a young OS ill wait on it. and yhh my mind was pretty made up on the lumia 920 i just wanted everyone's opinion. thanks for welcoming me to the family guys :), and daniel i did consider the 1020, but the only advantages i see are the 41mp camera which i do not need im fine with 8.7, and the 2gb of ram which i do want but the 1020 is just too expensive right now.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
As for phones, I go for Nokia. They are the most committed to WP, so they have the largest library of exclusive apps. OIS camera on the 920 is pretty nifty too.

I really like my HTC 8X, but I have to admit that Nokia seems much more engaged in the WP8 platform than HTC.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
By the way. The 920, while a great phone is a tad heavy (im being generous, its a brick). Maybe take a look at the 925 instead......If youre ok with the 'feel' of the 920, go for it. Otherwise, try the 925.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with 925. I have an 8X and personally I can't really go back because I am a huge audiophile. The dedicated soundchip does do it justice. Although it is bittersweet seeing as I don't get jack all other than awesome music LOL. Buuuut it's okay :). Just really see what your needs are. I can live with my decision. Can you live with the 920? Then go for it! But 925 has best if both worlds in terms of screen (amoled), and sexiness (oh and of course Nokia support!!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3