Speech Recognition not working on mobile data

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
As the title implies, I've consistently found that while on a mobile connection, the speech recognition won't perform advanced tasks, that is, those who require a connection to the processing servers.

This is why I cannot dictate a text nor make a Bing search, or anything that it's not understood and it's interpreted as a Bing search. Again, this is everything that needs server speech processing.

On wifi everything works, of course. It's as if the servers reject the mobile connection for some reason. This is not a connection problem, mind you. I have read elsewhere that it happens when the LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH.

I wanted to ask if people are aware of this problem, and whether it's going to get fixed (it's not fixed by GDR2).

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I have no problem using speech recognition on mobile data. Well, as long as I have a data connection. I have had issues in spotty cellular coverage. The first time I ran into this was slightly upset. I thought that the speech recognition was all done in the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills