Battery and Background Apps

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have recently had really bad battery life from my Lumia 925, lasting me less than 9 hours, with only about an hour worth of browsing on LTE, and normal usage (sent some SMS, made one phone call that's less than 5 minutes, took some pictures, downloaded a couple of apps). I already have battery apps uninstalled because of some users saying that they add significant battery drain. I also have glance and double tap disabled for good measure (although I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that they cause significant battery drain).

Because of this, I decided to go through my Background Apps and block all of them.

Q> Under advanced, in Background Tasks, there's a list of apps and the heading says "These apps can run in the background, and you may not be able to block all of them". It pretty much lists all the apps I blocked on the previous page, and then some. How do I block these apps? What's this list for?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even realized there was an advanced option. Doesn't appear to do anything at the moment. All of mine are greyed out in that option and don't do anything.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Q> Under advanced, in Background Tasks, there's a list of apps and the heading says "These apps can run in the background, and you may not be able to block all of them". It pretty much lists all the apps I blocked on the previous page, and then some. How do I block these apps? What's this list for?

My understanding is that the Background Apps apps page only shows the apps running in the background that you can block. The Advanced page shows a list of all apps that can run in the background, including those that you can't block.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05