Crashing of apps

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you sent something to a service department doesn't the paperwork you received have a direct contact number there? First I'd try and work with them as the issue is not fixed. They should repair it now for free.

If you don't get anywhere, call their head office: +358 (0) 7180 08000

Ask for customer complaints. You should be able to Skype call them for cheaper than your local support line.

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes they did, but i thought maybe first complain with Nokia itself. They do see in their pc which repairs have been done and which not. They have my name, IMEI number and so on. They would call/email me back if they have news on if it would be repaired for free (takes of course 24 hours to figure out). I'll remember to use skype in the future, i forgot that. Thanks for the tip.
I really do hope that they will respond soon. I'm awake for 2 hours and already resetted the phone 7 times today.

Ohhh the irony, they just called, i wanted to respond, guess what, unresponsive screen.

Last edited:

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got a call
I have to rebook a repair and will have to pay again. I'm disgusted by the way this is going. I am not going to do a repair. I'm disgusted by what's happening here. Paying for a repair which didn't take place and now i'd have to pay again because the phone is from Hong Kong they said. So I basically don't have any warrantly on the repairs done.

I'm thinking of selling it (stating of course the damage), so I get at least a bit of money out of it and buying another phone. I really wish I could say I have a good Windows Phone expierence. But I feel ripped off twice. Once by the seller on ebay. Once by Nokia and their 'warrantly'. I don't know what I'd do, but this is really annoying the blocking. I'm even thinking of going back to Android. I know Windows phone is supposed to give me fluent non blocking service. But it isn't. Having to reset your phone 8 times a day on average (setting date and time manually, draining battery too), crashing of apps and so on is not a 'smooth' environment to me. I'm pissed off, but much more disappointed in Nokia and Windows phone.
I'll see what I'll do, I have to calm down and think reasonable about it. I want to thank everyone here for the possible help and good intentions. But what is happening is just wrong. If I just knew when I bought the phone that it was from HK and not from the UK I would never have bought it in the first place.

Would you guys wait to see if the Amber update gives some change or not? I don't know when it is coming out in Belgium though.

Last edited:

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call
I have to rebook a repair and will have to pay again. I'm disgusted by the way this is going. I am not going to do a repair. I'm disgusted by what's happening here. Paying for a repair which didn't take place and now i'd have to pay again because the phone is from Hong Kong they said. So I basically don't have any warrantly on the repairs done.

I'm thinking of selling it (stating of course the damage), so I get at least a bit of money out of it and buying another phone. I really wish I could say I have a good Windows Phone expierence. But I feel ripped off twice. Once by the seller on ebay. Once by Nokia and their 'warrantly'. I don't know what I'd do, but this is really annoying the blocking. I'm even thinking of going back to Android. I know Windows phone is supposed to give me fluent non blocking service. But it isn't. Having to reset your phone 8 times a day on average (setting date and time manually, draining battery too), crashing of apps and so on is not a 'smooth' environment to me. I'm pissed off, but much more disappointed in Nokia and Windows phone.
I'll see what I'll do, I have to calm down and think reasonable about it. I want to thank everyone here for the possible help and good intentions. But what is happening is just wrong. If I just knew when I bought the phone that it was from HK and not from the UK I would never have bought it in the first place.

Would you guys wait to see if the Amber update gives some change or not? I don't know when it is coming out in Belgium though.

Sorry to hear about the response. I was really hoping that everything would work out to your satisfaction. It's even more regretful that this could end up driving you away from the platform. I must say, I'm a bit perplexed that they're not honoring their previous work; also, a bit confused that where the phone is from makes any difference.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Amber update is going to address any of your problems. It just sounds too much like you're having issues that are hardware related. I suppose that it's worth a shot to update and see what happens, just in case there are software issues, but I'm not hopeful. If your willing to go this route, you can always download and update one of the roms available. There are many threads on the forums that describe how to do so, if it's not something that you have experience with.

I wish you luck. Whether you leave the platform or decide to go with another WP, I hope things go a little more smoothly for you in the future.

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Poeli,
Sounds a lot like the problems I had with my 520 (rebooting, apps crashing or freezing). I solved it by placing a thin piece of card under the battery to make it a firmer fit against the connectors. This solved it for me.
Bob

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I know this may sound stupid but try a firmware update by Nokia Suit once before you sell it or anything. I don't know.. Its a long guess but what's the harm.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk.

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Zune is like the phone, also crashing. Seriously. I'm getting so so so so so pissed off by this. I paid ?400 for a non working Lumia 720. Great.

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
problem is that you can't open the back of the 720... Could be well that we have the same problem. I can't do a thing about it. Did you also have the same as me? Like opening an app, goin back to the start screen, screen freezes while unlocking, freezing when opening up apps?

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
problem is that you can't open the back of the 720... Could be well that we have the same problem. I can't do a thing about it. Did you also have the same as me? Like opening an app, goin back to the start screen, screen freezes while unlocking, freezing when opening up apps?

Rob Betts

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Poeli,
Sorry you can't easily get into the 720 battery but surely there must be a way. My 520 would reboot and some times touch screen freeze or go back to start screen. Even the buttons had no affect. Had to open case and take out battery then put it back often to fix it untill I placed a card underneath it. That cured it.
Bob

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if it would be 'difficult' to screw the 720 open and see if that causes the problem? I don't have to worry about warrantly, i simply don't have it.

poeli

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Still got this phone -_- Anyone think a software root will help? Amber update didn't do a thing. Nokia doesn't give warrantly on its repairs as its a phone for Hong Kong i would need to pay again. I will try the battery thing too i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99