buying a WP from Microsoft Store?

Jigar Shah CA

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
They will PM, and they may also have other incentives, i.e. Free Camera Grip with Lumia 1020, etc.

EDIT: Also, they will likely be more knowledgeable than staff at a ATT, etc. store;

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You can buy it unlocked there. As far as I know.

A bonus is that they certainly won't steer you away from any.
NEGATIVE! You can NOT buy an unlocked phone from a/the Microsoft store. I bought my phone from a Microsoft store, they were so busy at the time I was assisted by the store manager and I wanted an unlocked phone. Sadly he informed me that they can't, and continue to sell the phones because of the contracts with the carriers (i.e. having access to setup the contract payments if your aren't buying the phone outright, or adjusting your plans). He stated that he would personally prefer to sell unlocked/unbranded phones, but they just aren't allowed to. Now this might be a USA thing only (I'm not sure if MS has stores outside the USA. I just don't know.).

But you are right about not steering you away. They are very helpful about getting the right phone for you. They have a whole routine of 'Q and A' for finding the right phone for you, then they have to explain and try to sell you to move carrier if the 'right phone for you' isn't with that carrier. Or if you are dead stuck with your current carrier, they find the right phone for you in that carrier group (if there are options). Again, he personally didn't like that last part, he would prefer to just sell the phones, and not deal with the carrier side of things.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay. Well how it the insurance polices from the Microsoft store compared to At&t/Verizon? Is it better, the same or worst than Att&Verizon?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)