Double text messages

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else also have this problem? I'll receive multiple copies of the same text messages. Usually occurs in a row. It doesn't affect the function of the phone but it definitely is an annoyance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen all the time or only sometimes?

When this happens, is it with certain persons? What device(s) and what carrier(s) do these people have? Do you have the same carrier?

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It happens occasionally. Not every text message gets duplicated, however it does happen at least once a day. I just checked some old text messages and it occurs with more than just one contact. It happens all the time when im texting my GF (she has a galaxy s3 on verizon) and i also noticed it with a friend from school (iphone 5, not sure of the carrier) as well as with my sister ( iphone on verizon).

I have a lumia 822 on verizon. this has been going on for some time now, i just recently thought to look on these forums for a solution.

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem with my HTC 8x. It seems to be a real problem with picture texts. 99% of the time I get a duplicate text of a pic.....sometimes days later. I'm with Bell

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Its a carrier problem. I use to have with docomo. Then i switched to airtel, from then i never got a single double

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's the way Windows Phone handles poor connectivity. Happens to me occasionally when I have 2 or less bars.

i was thinking this might be an issue related to it. It seems to happen only when i'm at my house where i have horrible reception. when i'm someplace else i do not tend to notice it, although i'll have to be more aware and actively looking for it now

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i was thinking this might be an issue related to it. It seems to happen only when i'm at my house where i have horrible reception. when i'm someplace else i do not tend to notice it, although i'll have to be more aware and actively looking for it now
I've never had that happen, but so far I've never been anywhere with less than 3 bars signal.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep I've had this issue at my house (or anywhere with poor connectivity) since I got my Trophy on release date. Also happens to both my parents when they are in poor connectivity areas. And it affects both you (with incoming and outgoing texts) and the person you text (just their incoming texts from you).

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
ps: when it says "message failed to send, try again", 99% of the time it actually did send.(unless of course you literally have NO service at all) Every time you hit "try again" you are sending another message to that person.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else also have this problem? I'll receive multiple copies of the same text messages. Usually occurs in a row. It doesn't affect the function of the phone but it definitely is an annoyance.

Was your last phone an Iphone? and did you turn off Imessage before you switched? There used to be a bug, that would duplicate any text you received from other Iphone users if Imessage was not turned off before the phone was deactivated.

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Was your last phone an Iphone? and did you turn off Imessage before you switched? There used to be a bug, that would duplicate any text you received from other Iphone users if Imessage was not turned off before the phone was deactivated.

no, I never had an iPhone...although I do have an iPad but this issue has been going on since before I got the iPad

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Trophy and as Berty said it was a poor connection issue. I ended up isolating the problem after hunting through my message history to see if there was a pattern/logic to the duplicate messages. It definitely appeared to be resent messages that I kept saying "try again" which for whatever reason hung up in the system and then resent days later. It was amusing after the fact.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think it is an issue with your phone... Just your coverage or lack there of... My wife and I sometimes noticed double txt messages evey once in a while when we were on iOS and now WP.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my HTC Arrive and I chalked it up to Sprint having terrible service. Now I have the 1020 with AT&T and I still have the problem, although it's less frequent. It doesn't seem to matter which carrier or OS. I have people tell me that they get duplicate texts from me and I get duplicate texts from other people. Usually it seems to be just two of the same. I was thinking about calling AT&T and asking them about it but I wanted to check here first. Has anyone heard of a solution to this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion