Will Microsoft make the previously Nokia exclusive apps available for all WP8 handsets?

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances of Microkia integrating or making available all of the compatible Nokia exclusive apps. I would love to have PlayTo on my HTC 8X...

Any ideas anyone?

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
your going to be waiting awhile, Microsoft has only really announced its intention to purchase nokia's phone division, i mean it might not even take place, i believe the EU has to approve it etc etc, so don't be waiting around hoping for it tomorrow.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It needs to put a good amount of the HERE services out there for everyone. Now that HERE and the devices teams are separated, there's little reason for preferential treatment, especially if Microsoft is interested in keeping other OEMs around. Samsung and HTC get a full suite of services bundled when they ship an Android device, including a highly praised navigation experience. What kind of value proposition is Microsoft putting on the table for those companies when asking them to pay to use Windows Phone?

(Don't say discounts on patent licensing, that won't lead to meaningful products.)

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
actually quiet the opposite, for lumia owners they will lose the tight integration of the Here service and kinda stuck between two separate apps that each does half of the job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo