Wallet PIN Reset needed

andyjbu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've seen plenty of complaints from WP8 phone users who, like me, have messed up their wallet PIN. Microsoft says reset the phone, after which one has to reenter all email accounts, download Nokia map content, music (speaking as a Lumia user), etc.

Anybody else want to petition Microsoft to add a wallet-pin-reset function to WP8? Symbian had it already. It just has to erase the confidential data that was in the wallet - security not compromised!
Btw, how does one direct WP8 improvement suggestions at Microsoft, as an individual or collectively???

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what form that would take but I don't know that I could support that. Once a pin reset is out on the interwebz, Windows phone security is deprecated. How did you "mess up" your pin?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the official feature request site

Feature Suggestions: Top (33930 ideas)

I had to factory reset my device after I forgot my wallet pin. Factory resetting the phone was no big deal to me once I'd backed everything up to the cloud. Gave me a good opportunity to dump some of the apps I didn't strictly need.

andyjbu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I messed up the pin testing the pin change function. I entered the old pin as new pin. Expected an error message. Instead, it was seemingly accepted as new pin, but doesn't work. Program logic error, I suspect, without excluding the possibility that the error was mine.

Retha Roux

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
No one told me the pin code of my Wallet. I try several codes, but blocking my wallet every time. The manual with the phone is useless. Really need help

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No one told me the pin code of my Wallet. I try several codes, but blocking my wallet every time. The manual with the phone is useless. Really need help

When new, the phone doesn't have the wallet enabled, it's something that you should do if you want to use that feature. So, if you have a new phone with the wallet PIN set, then it's either not a brand new phone, or someone has set it up on your behalf.

The only way to reset the PIN is to perform a factory reset.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I've ever used or even opened the wallet app since I bought my Lumia920. I now have a $3 Bing Rewards promo code to buy apps for my phone, with instructions to open the wallet app, enter the code in the wallet before going to the Store to buy an app or game.
When I open the Wallet it just asks for my pin. I've tried a few times, gonna get locked out the next time I guess. There are no options to reset pin or have it emailed to my Microsoft account. I really don't want to reset my phone to factory settings to reset my wallet pin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk