Quantum Owner Wants to Upgrade - 1520 or wait for others?

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I'm a proud AT&T Quantum owner, and I love it, but as Windows Phone 8 continues to evolve (and hopefully as it becomes easier to transfer stuff from my Quantum to a new WP8 phone and sync music/podcasts/etc. with my Windows 7 laptop, which I remember being a pain in the *** in the beginning - still the case?) and my Quantum gets more beat up I am considering hanging it up and upgrading.

Since the 1520 seems to be coming out (correct me if I'm wrong) later this month, I would imagine getting the newest model - it is a step up in tech and not just size from the 920/1020 right?

Anyway, my main question is this - are there new phones besides the 1520 that are currently planned to be coming out in the next 6 months? Should I pass on the 1520 and wait or will something more evolved and "next-gen" becoming out relatively soon after? I've waited with my Quantum this long, I won't mind waiting to ensure I don't get a new/best phone that's only new/best for a few months or however long.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure several new phones will come out in the next 6 months as we are in the lead up to holiday season, when new phones always appear.

I mean just look back over the last 6 months. Nokia alone has been releasing a phone every other month, so I'm sure there will be lots of options.

You can of course wait forever and the current phones are good, but if size matters and the 1520 suits you, wait for it :)

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
There is also suppose to be a HTC "Harmony" WP coming with GDR3 before the end of the year. Supposedly its suppose to be a variant of the HTC One, just running Windows Phone. 1520 and the Harmony are the only devices rumored coming before the end of the year so far.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there should be a handful being announced closer to the November timeframe. We only know of the 1520 (which is a behemoth so not for everyone) and the just recently rumored HTC harmony (HTC one with WP8 apparently....probably an evolved rumor from long ago when the HTC butterfly/Droid DNA came out and there was word that HTC was working on a variant of that for WP8). If the harmony is basically an HTC one with WP8, then it'll have a snapdragon 600 inside. Im personally waiting for the 1020 variant with a quad core processor (hopefully snapdragon 800) if it exists. Don't want to get a 1020 and be behind the 8 ball in terms of hardware specs. Already did that with the WP7 when it first came out.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
It boils down to this.

A) Get phone you want when you want.

Or

B) Never buy any phone because other new phones will be out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium