Isis Posts Link for WP Mobile Wallet Update

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
One of the things that I was most excited about for WP8 was being able to use Wallet for payments, but it never panned out. I thought Isis was going to ditch WP altogether, but it looks like they might be developing a Wallet app after all. According to a tweet from @paywithisis, interested parties can sign up over on this page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pLfOFADKBS-Ji_DxJnINGV0YYDWsoy1WCvCRgikD5jg/edit for info on when an Isis app for WP becomes available.

I don't know if its related or not, but while on my account page for Verizon, there was a link to order a "NFC Secure Element Sim". I don't know if this option is available to all Verizon users, but its certainly nice knowing I can get one. Now if only they'd support more debit card types. So far it looks like only Amex and Chase Freedom cards work 😞

corbyj

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty acxcited about it, I signed up for it. I'm on att and haven't heard a peep about issuing secure element sim cards.

Charles Serio

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Clicking the above link took me to the mobile version. It was necessary to click "DESKTOP VIEW" at the bottom of that page to get to where I could enter my info. It appears that the entered info auto-saves, no need to click anything.

AlanTeew

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
That URL -- obscured behind bit.ly -- goes to a Google Doc. That is either one of the spammiest URLs I've seen in a while, or the security organization at ISIS is really bad. Either way, I'm not going near it with a ten-foot iPole.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea, I tried to post this a couple of days ago but WPForums wasn't working with my Surface RT: Wells Fargo Launches Agreement With Isis<WFC.N> | Reuters

Which lead me to this: Isis Mobile Wallet? Available Nationwide | Reuters

I meant to stop by a T-Mobile store yesterday to see if I can could get a new SIM for my phone, since I use Wells Fargo, but doing some required motorcycle maintenance took longer than expected. Hopefully I will have some time today (need to take said motorcycle out for a post maintenance test ride) and visit a T-mobile store.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I stopped by a T-Mobile shop and picked up a new Secure SIM and popped it in the phone. Went directly to the "Wallet" app and entered my WFB Debit card. Sadly it is marked as "App purchases" only :( So sadly no NFC payment, for now. But I could have sworn when I was researching WP8 a year ago when it came out, I thought I read that WP8 was "NFC payment ready".

For the curious, here is a picture of what the SIM looks like, and how to tell if you have a secure SIM:
ISIS Sim Card.jpg
As you can see, it's marked ISIS (I did edit out the SIM number next to the logo. I'm not sure what the number means, just being safe)

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
But I could have sworn when I was researching WP8 a year ago when it came out, I thought I read that WP8 was "NFC payment ready".

It is. However, Wallet is not powered by Isis, and carriers have chosen to block other NFC payment methods in favor of Isis, which requires their own third-party app.

It's similar on android. Google Wallet fails to work on compatible phones due to carrier modification, *and only since Kit-Kat has google implemented a workaround by giving an option to disable Isis-only payments, thus allowing Google Wallet use.

The situation on NFC payments is iffy. Carriers are playing sides, which is causing fragmentation, which then proceeds to hinder the adoption of NFC payments. A majority of newer phones now have NFC, yet only a small handful support mobile payments, all due to carrier blockage of the device's built-in support.

[SUB]*So i've read. Cannot confirm as of the moment.[/SUB]

corby lambert

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I was chatting with ATT tech support a few weeks ago and she said that she was seeing a isis mobile wallet app on her end but wasn't sure why it hasn't been released yet. It might be delayed until WP 8.1 update or just ATT taking their time with WP as usual...

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
as of WP8.1, there is now a "Tap to Pay" option under NFC settings on my 810. It notes that i need a Secure Payment Sim Card (i don't) but im curious if this is similar to Google's carrier workaround for NFC Payments, and if it will work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon