A new concept - Windows Phone 8.1

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I'm actually really disappointed looking at how my wp8 device functions compared to that...
I will return to wp8 when it's like this or better!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think ive seen that before....works well.
There are some things that are clunky and there are some things that are obvious which makes you wonder 'why in the hell did MS not put that in, its already been done for a different purpose already.

Like the folders concept...its already implemented in the same way in the people tile and the pictures tile.....
And the app grouping concept....already been implemented in the contacts grouping.

Ill say this though. Some time ago I saw a person with I believe a hacked android or something because they had the Windows 8 (not WP8) UI on the phone and it seems to fit the small screen pretty well.

I hope they combine RT and WP8 soon. They both seem to have features and functionality that one has but the other doesn't. They need each other to fill gaps to become a complete OS. Then MS wouldn't have to worry about Windows ARM and Windows x86, they'd have both covered effectively.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is the same concept we saw not too long ago in this forum. Either way I still think it's one of the best concepts I've seen.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the drop OP but I had to stop the tape at glance view. As much as this is great to dream about, we are talking about Microsoft. They are simply not nearly as cool as that video. The only hope we could have getting close to anything like this, is for the VP of development allow devs get access to the API's to modify the look and feel. Much like what happens if you install Window Blinds from Stardock which they do allow.
This would also invite competition from Sony, Samsung, HTC, Dell and others to build Windows Phone handsets that go head up with Nokia. But that ain't happening as long as MS follows the Apple business model.
But on their own, Microsoft will never even scratch the surface of this much coolness. Especially as long as Joe Belfiore rides heard on development.

I'm convinced the only way they would take these kinds of risks is if the platform bumped up to the number 2 spot. At this rate, that is about a half a decade or more away.

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love the ideas presented here. Sadly many of the concepts shown are just implementations of gestures seen in Windows 8... which is something they should have built into Windows Phone 8 anyways!

Here's to hoping someone at Microsoft takes note!

scottwallace5

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, beautiful, amazing! Hopefully someone from Microsoft is listening and watching, and working on implementing this or something similar! But we shall see next year what they do for WP 8.1

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Saw this awhile ago and really hope most of these ideas could be picked up by MS, cuz they are well thought-out and practical and great.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
nice! i'm not sure about notification center right to left swipe, i think it should be left to right, but i like this concept and some of those ideas are really great.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Love:
Quickstart
Split screen
Folder tiles... FOLDER TILES!!

Still want to see: ARROW KEYS ON THE FREAKING KEYBOARD!!! Or at least support for external keyboards, wired through USB or even Bluetooth if necessary.

But overall, nice progression WP! Well done video! :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234