SMS Search and Text Reply

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
One of my friends is planning to buy a Lumia 720.
However, there are 2 missing features that are stopping her from jumping the ship.
The fact that we can't reject all incoming calls with text reply as there are two limitations -
1. The caller's no. has to be saved
2. The caller's no. has to be saved under "mobile".
Can we expect that this would be changed in the near future?

The other feature that she really wants is the ability to search in sms hub. As far as I know we can't search for any messages in the sms hub irrespective of whether the messages are from a saved no. or from an unknown number.
Is there a way to search in the message hub? any app?

Mods, please shift to appropriate section and apologies if I created a duplicate thread.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, I have two more people around me who are hesitant in buying WP only because one can't search in message hub!
Can someone please suggest any way out here?

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Tell them to use email instead. If they need to save years worth of important information and search for it later then using email would be recommended anyways.

As for automated text reply for incoming calls I think that feature is coming but you may want to make sure.

jovihava

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
It actually does not have to be years worth of information, just simply to find a thread from someone further down the list. I am finding it surprising that a feature that was available in much mocked S40 is not available in the Windows phone.

I wonder if there is a better SMS apps that supports free text search?

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would like to have a search function for Messanging hub but it's not a deal breaker for me. Sadly, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers