How to disable contacts, notes and calendar syncing to MS-Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I just don't want to save all my contacts on MS-servers.
Is there a way to save contacts on phone only?
BTW, appointments and notes will be synced too. Option to disable?

Thanks

~~~

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is built to sync your data in the cloud. There are a few options and work arounds but I found that having your data on Hotmail servers work well and syncs across all my devices. I am not sure why people are afraid of having there data in the cloud. I have never found once that I have lost data via the cloud. It does happen but I back it up using other cloud services. If you have nothing to hide, why be worried about your contacts, and calendar. All email services are in the cloud.

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Be happy with your 'cloud'!

Just don't see the point why MS has to store all my contacts and notes and appointment and .... on there servers???!!!

Sure you have nothing to hide and sure all your services are in the cloud and sure you are not afraid and sure you don't understand and sure you don't loose any thing in the cloud and sure syncing is pretty cool, right?

And what was your contribution again? Still in the cloud!!!

You know what I mean? If you have nothing to say then say nothing! That would be a good contribution!

Have a nice cloud!

^^^

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
At this time, windows phone doesn't offer what you want. maybe another mobile device / ecosystem would be best for you. I could say nothing, but I am here to help and not troll. My contribution is if you don't like the way it is, then find something that works for you. Windows Phone has been like this for close to 3 years and unfortunately there isn't even any rumors of them adding this function of syncing directly with your computer.
Personally I think it would be great if they added more options.

About the cloud, I have lost my calendar, contacts and email when I had everything in outlook 2003 when my computer hard drive fried. My backup didn't work as well. I remember when google sync first came out for Blackberry, it was a life saver as my contacts were at least saved. I have used sync services like google/gmail, mobileme/icloud and hotmail/outlook.com for about 7 years or more now, via these services I have never lost any data. If you have nothing to hide, and what I mean about this is, if you are severely concerned about your privacy than these services are not for you, and most likely Windows Phone at this time isn't right for you.

Once again, there are some work arounds but they are buggy and mostly don't work well.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the fact that you HAVE TO open an MS-account in order to use a windows cell phone!

BTW, a smartphone does not make you any smarter!!!

~~~

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
in order o use the apple app store / iTunes you need an account (or you cannot download apps) and you need a Gmail account to download stuff from the play store as well.

This is the path the world is moving towards.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the fact that you HAVE TO open an MS-account in order to use a windows cell phone!

~~~

As is obvious by your posts ;)

Don't want to sync through the cloud, don't buy a Windows Phone. Nothing complicated about that, even a 5 year old can figure that out.

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am SURE you have more smart phones than anything else; and they will help you figure out more than 5 years old kids; I hope so!

But back to the topic. SURE cloud is a good and 'free service' but just give the customers the freedom to opt it out just in case they don't want to use it.
Is that so hard to understand even with your many, many and tons of smart phones???

```

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am SURE you have more smart phones than anything else; and they will help you figure out more than 5 years old kids; I hope so!

But back to the topic. SURE cloud is a good and 'free service' but just give the customers the freedom to opt it out just in case they don't want to use it.
Is that so hard to understand even with your many, many and tons of smart phones???

```

I'm SURE (see what I did there) out of all features that are needed/requested for WP, this is the last one on their list. They can pretty much count on 99.9999% of users being perfectly happy using the cloud sync. After all, its a good (common) feature that makes managing contacts easier. Unless of course you wear a tin foil hat or are trying to hide something from the boogie man.

Its how these products work, don't like it, I'm sure their are some cell phones from the 90s that will work for you.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is built to sync your data in the cloud. There are a few options and work arounds but I found that having your data on Hotmail servers work well and syncs across all my devices. I am not sure why people are afraid of having there data in the cloud. I have never found once that I have lost data via the cloud. It does happen but I back it up using other cloud services. If you have nothing to hide, why be worried about your contacts, and calendar. All email services are in the cloud.

"If you have nothing to hide"
That is the stupidest argument people use to assure others they should go agaists self-interests and stop caring about privacy.
I have nothing to hide, but that DOES NOT mean I want my private life splattered all over the internet and known to entities I know nothing about.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

~~~

You DON'T HAVE TO open any account to use Windows Phone, you can make calls, receive texts, use already installed apps, etc without a MS account linked to the phone.
You only need the account to use MS services like their store, and that is normal; name one service provider that does not have that requirement.

WereRat

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
This is silly. When I had an android phone, I needed a google account to access google's store and store my contacts. People with iPhones have Apple accounts. All these ecosystems require an account; none (AFAIK) require that the email be in their domain (live/hotmail or google).

If you have (valid) privacy concerns, get off the grid; there is no privacy on the 'net.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is silly. When I had an android phone, I needed a google account to access google's store and store my contacts. People with iPhones have Apple accounts. All these ecosystems require an account; none (AFAIK) require that the email be in their domain (live/hotmail or google).

If you have (valid) privacy concerns, get off the grid; there is no privacy on the 'net.

Exactly. If you have privacy concerns but want to use a smartphone, send emails, or anything else over the net, then good luck with that.

Sounds like this guy wants his smartphone to be a dumbphone.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
"If you have nothing to hide"
That is the stupidest argument people use to assure others they should go agaists self-interests and stop caring about privacy.
I have nothing to hide, but that DOES NOT mean I want my private life splattered all over the internet and known to entities I know nothing about.

Its really not a stupid argument at all.

If you are really that concerned with privacy, you shouldn't be using a smartphone to begin with.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to get disposable feature phones and memorize your contact list, that way your data is less likely to get found.

Remember to wipe your phone once a day and replace once a week to reduce your privacy risk.

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Its really not a stupid argument at all.

If you are really that concerned with privacy, you shouldn't be using a smartphone to begin with.

Like you want to tell us;
NO, NO, NOOOO......NO................ I am not stupid at all, I have he latest SMART phone AND I walk around with a bottle SMART water!!!

LOL

This thread becomes funny, thank you!

----=

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Like you want to tell us;
NO, NO, NOOOO......NO................ I am not stupid at all, I have he latest SMART phone AND I walk around with a bottle SMART water!!!

LOL

This thread becomes funny, thank you!

----=

huh? I think you need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium