is this wp8.1 ??

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It was the flash drives of the 80's. A massive 1.44mb of storage space on a 3.5inch square card. The funny thing is that the name 'floppy' stuck around when it first came out (5.25inch squares that were bendy plastic) but when those 3.5inchers came out, they were hard and stiff yet still called floppy.

I have seen those before, they never seemed like disc to me though. Since they weren't circular.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Could be real, could be fake, could be an early beta. I'm not going to get too caught up in it until we get more official info.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What gives it credence to me is the "you'll lose your job" disclaimer. What isn't believable is that the pics were on a floppy. So we're to believe that someone left "floppy" disks in this car (did you just buy the car?), and someone else finds them, AND HAS A COMPUTER THAT WILL READ THEM.

Really, my bet is that someone doesn't know a CD from a floppy.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What gives it credence to me is the "you'll lose your job" disclaimer. What isn't believable is that the pics were on a floppy. So we're to believe that someone left "floppy" disks in this car (did you just buy the car?), and someone else finds them, AND HAS A COMPUTER THAT WILL READ THEM.

Really, my bet is that someone doesn't know a CD from a floppy.

The floppy disk is a reference to the original WP8.1 leak that was posted on the XDA forums that was supposively found on an SD Card. I thought it was pretty clear that this was a joke or a parody thread, but news sites seem to be picking up on it...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, WPCentral has a pretty good reputation for not running with something that they haven't vetted out, unless they also post the rum-o-meter. They gave it an 8, so they either find the images very compelling, which I do, too, or they have a credible source that has confirmed them.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, WPCentral has a pretty good reputation for not running with something that they haven't vetted out, unless they also post the rum-o-meter. They gave it an 8, so they either find the images very compelling, which I do, too, or they have a credible source that has confirmed them.

Yeah, I suppose the pictures could be real and the story fake, but if you look at the original leak from XDA, it looks like this photo is mimicking it right down to the confidentiality disclaimer on the screen in the background. Also, the WPC article notes that the leaked WP8.1 build is 9478, but if you really read everything on that screen in the background, it's actually Windows 8.1 Pro build 9478. I don't know, something just seems off to me.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just sent this thread to WPcentral so hopefully they didn't just run the rumor from that other source which could have been this thread in the 1st place haha

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Wish we'd get notified of these things before other websites :winktongue: We've got confirmation on numerous features included in Windows Phone 8.1 and thus we ran with it. Unlike another publication, we generally make sure we're onto something before going with the flow (hence why we were a little slow with this one). Sure, sometimes we're incorrect, but we have cross-checked with other sources who confirm that multi-selection of tiles, the notification centre and TellMe upgrade (plus more) could well be on the way - not a definitive "yes," but highly plausible.

Image could well be fake (we stated this in our article), but the content could well be true. Hence the Rum'o'meter sat on 8, for the content, not the images.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Wish we'd get notified of these things before other websites :winktongue: We've got confirmation on numerous features included in Windows Phone 8.1 and thus we ran with it. Unlike another publication, we generally make sure we're onto something before going with the flow (hence why we were a little slow with this one). Sure, sometimes we're incorrect, but we have cross-checked with other sources who confirm that multi-selection of tiles, the notification centre and TellMe upgrade (plus more) could well be on the way - not a definitive "yes," but highly plausible.

Image could well be fake (we stated this in our article), but the content could well be true. Hence the Rum'o'meter sat on 8, for the content, not the images.

Fair enough. I definitely trust this site and its sources more than I do most other sites... :)

qXerro

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 windows build 8.10.12166.0.

Day 5
  • Still no sign for xbox apps
  • wifi is awful
  • settings app crashes randomly

wp_ss_20130911_0003.jpg

wp_ss_20130911_0004.jpg

wp_ss_20130911_0005.jpg

wp_ss_20130911_0006.jpg