How to tweak or remove parts of an app?

falsedichotomies

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Nokia 928 Windows Phone yesterday. I'm not quite sure about the proper terminology here, so bear with me. Also, sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything.

I want to remove certain "panels" or sections from apps (or at least make them invisible). For example, when I open the people app, it starts on the "recent" panel, and I have to scroll through the "together" panel to get to the "all" panel. I want this together panel gone, as I will not be using rooms or whatever and it gets in my way and I find it to be an eyesore. I'd also like to take out the Xbox Music Store panel from my music+video app. I can't stand it when music software has built in stores. Is there any easy way to do this without messing around with program files (can you even mess around with program files at this point?)

Aside from that, I'm liking the phone so far. I've only had one snafu and that's getting mtp to work on a linux box; go figure. The thing looks great too.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Answer 1 - You cannot remove them. The apps you talk about first party apps are not customizable to the extent you speak of.

Answer 2 - What Program Files are you talking about? Windows Phone is not Windows for desktops/tablets. Stop thinking they are the same :D .

You cannot do the tweaks and weird things that can be done in Windows/ Linux for that matter. IMO It is simple, elegant , stable (for most of us) and hassle free.

falsedichotomies

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I was afraid that was going to be the answer, lol. I hear it's pretty hard to root a windows phone right now... but man if I could get rid of all the marketing crap and maybe change the search button to open up an ie explorer page with google instead the bing app, I'd be so happy.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid that was going to be the answer, lol. I hear it's pretty hard to root a windows phone right now... but man if I could get rid of all the marketing crap and maybe change the search button to open up an ie explorer page with google instead the bing app, I'd be so happy.

Well then you should have looked at Samsung Ativ S for such stuff
Let the hacking begin: Samsung ATIV S gets interop-unlocked, making it a first for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett