XBOX Music: Artists/Bands That Don't Display Backgrounds & Info List

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I didn't see any thread like this before mine so I decided to create a thread that we can all list and share music artists/bands on our phones that XBOX Music doesn't find info and backgrounds for. The point of this is to see if other users have the same artists and to see if theirs actually works. I know that XBOX Music won't find a artist if you have a space after an artist's name, etc...I use mp3tag v2.57 to change songs info and also download album art. Before I list the artists that doesn't show anything in my XBOX Music player, I thought that I'd point out that I've noticed that XBOX Music will find an artist rather than a band...so for example I had The Jimi Hendrix Experience before but then I changed it to Jimi Hendrix (both the album artist and artist under the song info) and it worked...oh and don't list any classical/orchestra music artists or artists that do movie soundtracks as that gets pretty confusing as who the artist should be (i.e. for a song played by an orchestra, should the artist be the orchestra group (London Philharmonic Symphony, etc), the composer, or the conductor). Here's my list:

Billy Joel
Boston
Brian Regan (a comedian but you can search for him in the Store and it pulls up results under Music)
Chicago
Coldplay
The Doors
Eagles
Elton John
Goyte
Jason Mraz
JET
John Legend
John Lennon
Journey
Kent
The Killers
Led Zeppelin
Linkin Park
The Lonely Island
M.I.A.
Misfits
Neon Trees
Ozzy Osbourne
Phil Collins
Queen
Rush
Santana
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stan Bush
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sting & The Police
Sublime
Supertramp
ZZ Top

Note: Artists in bold are artists that when I tap on them show "XBOX MUSIC STORE" with a double down arrow to check other music by them in the music store below my collection but when I try to check it says "Item not available. This item isn't available in the store." and they also don't not have any backgrounds or bios. Every artists that works has this double down arrow but artists that XBOX Music cant find do not have this arrow...so its weird that some artists have this arrow but then don't work! In conclusion, XBOX Music is really f'ed up!

Last edited:

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Some of the artists you listed do have info and background; I checked a few random ones on your list - Billy Joel, Coldplay and Ozzy Osbourne - and they all returned a result.

Sometimes it doesn't seem to link the artist on the phone with the correct one on the store; however it is possible to fix this if you have a music pass. Just download one track from the relevant artists from the store and if it matches the one on your phone it will link the relevant information. You can then delete the downloaded track.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a music pass....ive thought about getting it...maybe I'll do the month trial with the Bing points I have saved up. Thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon