What happned to bing search "shopping" category?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed recently that my search results no longer have a shopping category for results. Seems to have been replaced with a video category. Did his change with GDR2 or was there some update to Bing that I didn't notice? I have to say, its a huge disappointment as I really liked the integration of shopping results. Is there any way to get it back?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
There was an update to Bing, and it merged web with local. Not sure why they got rid of Shopping.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I actually used shopping as well as local, a lot. What is the recommended replacement since I almost never get local results in the web card? Is there a keyword like "local" or "shopping" you should add to the search or something? (I don't believe either works)

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I think bing's actually been having some trouble lately.

• The new search does not accurately pull information from wikipedia for it's Card interface like it used to (snapshot for people, artists, buildings, other major things work fine still)
  • I have 2 windows phones and both the bing image backgrounds on them reverted back to the default space image just now (the one that shows up when you first turn on the phone)

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The thing is even the local results don't work as well as they used to for me anymore. :'( I hate it when updates break existing functionality

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss