Company phone & privacy?

asousa

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am being issues a lumia 925 through my company. I was thinking about using this as my main device, should I be concerned that my company can see my email/internet/app usage? Can they do this? Obviously they can see my work email, but can they also have access to my gmail? How about app usage?

My have to reconsider this if they can.

Thanks

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no clue about these things but you might want to include some further details regarding what type of systems/software your company uses.

BTW, are you simply just using your company email on it? That isn't going to give them any special access.

asousa

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks... Long time lurker, first time I needed to post.

I am not really sure what the systems are. It is my understanding that they are issuing the phone through their corporate account and it will have email on it. I am concerned that at any time they could see my general usage or even read emails on the device from say my gmail.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... Long time lurker, first time I needed to post.

I am not really sure what the systems are. It is my understanding that they are issuing the phone through their corporate account and it will have email on it. I am concerned that at any time they could see my general usage or even read emails on the device from say my gmail.

I really don't know. Hopefully someone in the same position can answer it for you.

That said...lurker sounds kind of weird :winktongue: Maybe you should say admirer from a distance...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss